Fight of Reveals (Chapter 8 Volume 3)

Author's Note at the end of the chapter.

---------------

(Next Morning)

Port: H-Hello? Is this thing on? 

Oobleck: It is, you just muted the mic.

Port: Oh, silly me.

Port then unmutes his mic, and as he coughs his throat, the speakers caught wind of it. The crowd proceeds to cheer in response.

Port: Ladies and gentleman, welcome to the second day of the Vytal Festival Tournament! We'll start off the day with a few matches from the team tournament, and we'll move on to the singles tournament!

The crowd roars and applause as the platform rises for the 1st match of the tournament. However, you were currently not in the stands to watch the first few matches. Instead, you were currently training with Red at the back of the school.

Y/N: Ragh!

You swing your newly improved sword and it clashes with Red's.  He smirks before spinning around to slash you. You blocked the hit and tried to counter with a low hit. Red's eyes widen at your speed of the swing, but he manages to block it and this gives him the opening to slash you in the chest. You barely blocked it, but Red manages to get a slash from the top. The slash connects and this sends you flying. You rolled on the ground and come to a stop, and you felt your aura dissipate from your body.

Red: Haha! That felt good!

Y/N: Ugh, I can't say the same.

Red walks over to you and gives you a hand. You took it and he pulls you up. He then points at your newly modified sword.

Red: I see that you've tuned up your sword a little. Lookin cool.

Y/N: Well, it's necessary if I want to get better. To be a good huntsmen, they need to have skill and that they also require a good weapon.

Red: Well, I mean, you would've been fine with your old sword either way, but you seemed quicker and more agile. Hand me your sword for a sec.

You tossed Red your sword and he catches the hilt. He hums as he feels the weight, and he does a test swing. 

Red: Woah, it feels lighter. That's... hmm...

Y/N: That's what?

Red: No, nothing. I see you've opted for a sharper blade for extra damage, and your hilt's lighter. 

Y/N: That's what I went for.

Red: Well, a bit of advice for ya. Against stronger huntsmen or Grimm, you shouldn't frequently clash blades with them. Your sword might break.

Y/N: Oh...

Red: Wouldn't have been an issue with your old sword, but besides the risk, it's better this way. Just change your battle style to move your legs more often, then you should be good.

Y/N: I see. Thanks!

Red: No prob.

Red then tosses you a water bottle and you caught it, gulping the liquid down in an instant. 

Red: So, when's your fight?

Y/N: Hmm, let me check.

You looked at your scroll and saw that it was 8 AM. Your fight with Mirage starts at 10 AM.

Y/N: (Looks up) In 2 hours. 

Red: I see. 

Red then walks back and grabs a water bottle of his own. He gulps it down and looks at you.