The Calm before the Festival (Chapter 1 Volume 3)

Re-Edited: 15/09/2023

---------------

...

...

...

SHWING!

"RAGH!"

SHING SHING!

CRASH!!!

"GRAH!"

SHING SHING!

SMACK!

"HAHH!!"

...

...

BRACK! KRAK BANG!!!

"NGAHHH!"

Letting out a cry of defeat, you fall to the ground and lay your head low. You could feel the tip of a blade hover over your neck, your opponent pinning you down to the ground.

With no means of escape, you raised your hands up and sighed.

"I surrender."

Your opponent chuckles, as they lift their blade from your neck. You gaze up to see your mentor, Red Xatark, as he lends his hand down to you and smiles.

"Not bad, kiddo! That was pretty good!"

Through your exhaustion, you forced a smile back.

"Thanks... Red... Can't you go any easier on me, though...?"

You grab his hand and he lifts you up to your feet. He takes note of how exhausted you were, eyeing the sweat on your face and arms.

"Listen, kiddo. I know I'm going quite rough on you, but it's not like your opponents will go any easier on you! Besides, we only have what, a few days until the Vytal Festival? We're kinda short on time here!"

You sighed and drooped down in defeat, knowing that your mentor was right.

In just 3 days, the 40th Vytal Festival was going to take place right above your school. Students from Atlas, Shade, and Haven Academy were going to fight it out in a bracket-style tournament.

But, in your case, you were going to fight against the other Dice Students from Atlas, Vacuo, and Mistral. Specifically...

Grace, Heath, and Mirage.

And, you damn well knew how strong those three were. You've seen, felt, and had already fought against them.

Being truthful, you were very nervous.

Those 3 had years and years of experience under their belts. They've been fighting since they came out of the womb.

But you? You've only known how to swing a sword more or less a year ago. Hell, you've only awakened to your power a week prior to that!