Unlocking Hidden Powers (Chapter 3 Volume 2)

Re-edited: 5/8/2020.

Hey yall, Carter here! My body's slowly getting more accustomed to the loss of my appendix, so the pain is slowly going away. This gives me more motivation to write, so expect more chapters to come! Anyways, without a further ado, lets get into it.

---------------

(Open field)

"So, who's fighting first?"

Currently, you were all walking towards an open field, weapons in hand to spar with each other.

Stretching to get loose, you all discussed amongst each other to see who's going to fight first. Eventually, Heath raises his hand.

Heath: I bet Mirage would like to go first! Right?

Mirage: Meh. Sure, why not?

Grace: I suppose that we'll go last, eh fireman?

Y/N: It's Y/N, and yes it seems that we'll be going last.

Mirage and Heath then walk over to the open field and stood on opposite sides. Finding a space to sit down to watch the match from, Grace walks over to the middle of the field.

Grace: Alright, standard rules boys. Loss of aura means the end of the match, don't kill each other, you know the drill already. You lads ready?

Heath: Hold on hold on. Mirage, where's your weapon?

Mirage: Huh?

Heath: You... fight weaponless? I don't see no weapon 'round you.

Mirage: Heh, you'll see.

Heath: Alright then...

Grace: (Ahem) You lads ready now?

Mirage and Heath nods, and the tension starts to build in. A mixture of competitiveness and excitement visible in their grins on their faces as they faced off against each other.

Grace: Ready?

Sweat starts to form between the two, and as the sweat drops down to the ground...

Grace: BEGIN!!!

Mirage and Heath then rushed each and unleashes their weapons. Heath draws out his axe, while Mirage does something unexpected and drew his sunglasses out. He clicks a button on the sunglasses, turning it into a black rapier. And, in blinding speeds, he stabs forward, Heath barely dodging out of the way.

Heaht: Woah!

Mirage then reads Heath's movements and lands in quick stabs of his own, forcing his opponent to back off. He then charges in and lands a hit that sends Heath crashing to a tree. Heath grunts in pain, before landing on a knee and hops away from another incoming lunge. He then backflips with surprising height over Mirage and lands behind him. 

Y/N: Wow Heath, that's some vertical!

He then blocks off another slash from Mirage before pushing him back, forcing a stand down. Panting, he chuckles.

Heath: Wow... Heh, that actually caught me by surprise. I really did thought you fought bare-handed there for a second.

Mirage: I utilize the element of surprise as my weapon.

Heath: And also-

He points at the black rapier.

Heath: That's a cool ass rapier.