Awokened Power (Prologue Part 4)

From this point on, you are Y/N.

---------------

(Past, a week before your 15th birthday.)

"Remember those items I asked of you, Y/N. Stay safe!"

"Don't worry Tony, I will!"

Quite some time has passed by since you first met with Tony and Lysandra. 8 years and more have passed, and by this current day, you were a week away from your 15th birthday. 

Tony and Lysandra were slowly getting older, so you've volunteered to help out with their workload. Currently, you were out for some early morning shopping.

After the first night, Tony, Lysandra, and you went to several villages around Mistral, trying to find your parents. However, there was no luck. 

But eventually, you told Tony that you didn't care about finding your parents anymore. You've grown too attaches to them, and despite their reluctance to take you in, they eventually conceded. 

Every night, Tony and Lysandra would report what they've done throughout their days. Most stories were quite uneventful, but some of it involved fighting Grimm, and those stories interested you the most.

You also received a lot on insight info regards these two adults. 

Apparently, Tony used to be a full-time huntsman. However, he had to stop because he received an injury in his left knee that prevented him from being a full-time huntsman. So, he decided to resort to being a farmer instead, and he eventually resided in Nakoya Village.

Lysandra also used to be a huntress as well, but she eventually retired from her job after she married Tony. 

They've been together for 13 years now with no signs of danger around them, albeit some Beowolves that roam around the place. They've told you some stories regards to them having to fight Grimm off their territory, and each time a stray Grimm entered the property, they managed to kill it before it did any damage. That interested you the most.

By this time, you have witnessed the creatures of Grimm, and the first time you saw them, you fainted due to shock. 

But now, it's natural to see those black creatures circling the little farm. You were so used to it that you didn't even flinched whenever you saw one of those creatures anymore. It also had an impact that Tony would always be there to kill it with his fists.

But today, things would change.

---------------

(Y/N's POV)

Today felt like a regular, old day, doing chores for Lysandra and Tony. At this point, it's basically a daily routine. I'd go out early in the morning, grab things that they needed, and et cetera.

Walking along the path, I took a deep breath. The morning breeze kisses my skin, my hair flowing in the wind. The weather was just perfect.

As I walked along, I saw the market. Today, there weren't as many people, but that's to be expected. I woke up extra early, after all.