Dead, End, Night. (Chapter 20 Volume 3)

(Amity Colosseum, Landing Bay)

"Should I...expose you?"

Those words linger in the air. Jacob's face was full of shock. You were too, but for a different reason.

Y/N: How did... How did Red contact Selene?

Thinking of possible ways, you couldn't come up with anything. Red, understanding what you're thinking, turns back to you, a serious look in his eyes.

Red: Kid... Go.

Y/N: Huh?

Red: The students are evacuating from Beacon. It's no longer safe. I suggest you go with them.

Your eyes widen, some signs of anger shown on your face.

Y/N: What are you talking about? 

Red: (Sigh) The Grimm situation down there is too dangerous. The White Fang are also pulling out as well. I don't want you to get stranded here.

Y/N: B-But this is...! This is my fight!

Red: Your fight?

Jacob: He's right. This is our personal fight, our lives on the line. You have no right to intervene.

Red: W-What is this, a battle with rules!? You kids don't understand the meaning of life and death!

Y/N: Red, please. I have to fight him. I have to stop this, once and for all.

Red: No you don't! What would your father say in this situation? He would want you to get out!

Y/N: (Confused) How would you know?

Red: (Exasperated) I've spent more time with him than you have. Don't make this harder than it already is!

His words stung you, even if he didn't mean it that way. The fact he mentioned that your father disappeared before your birth, it hurt you somehow. This causes you to snarl in anger. Red catches this and gives you an angry look, quieting you down in an instant.

Red: I'm not playing any games here. I made a promise to your dad, that I will NOT let you die, no matter what! If you die right here... 

Red turns away, signs of pain showing on his face.

Red: J-Just go!

You wanted to talk back, but you understood what he meant, even if it hurt. Your father wouldn't want you to die like this. Red is doing what your father would want, and he's sticking to it. With a sigh, you bowed your head.

Red: Good, you understand now.

Red turns away from you, looking back at an angry Jacob.

Red: This isn't for your cause. This is for all of us, all who have connections to him. Ozpin, Qrow, me, and many others.

Y/N: I... I understand...

Red: Thank you.

Right then, the Grimm surrounding Jacob charges right at him. However, no signs of fear were on his face, as he charges at the Grimm. In a matter of seconds, the wave was left with black particles dissipating to the air. Seeing this, you quickly realize that this entire time, Red has been holding back his true power against you.

Red then looks to his  left, Grace who has been watching the whole time stiffens up.

Red: Don't think I didn't notice you. 

Grace: S-Sorry...

Red turns back at Jacob, but his gestures still aimed at Grace.

Red: Take his weapons and bring him out of here. He's not strong enough to use Teleportation.