Cover Blown (Chapter 17 Volume 2)

Re-Edited: 27/05/2022

---------------

The deafening sounds of turbines fill the carrier, as you and your team were currently en route towards your mission. Sat beside Oobleck, the guide for your mission, he slurps his coffee, causing you to look away disgusted.

Yang looks over at Oobleck and speaks.

Yang: I guess I just never saw you as much of a fighter.

Oobleck: I admit I fancy myself more of an intellectual, but I can assure you, as a Huntsman, I've had my fair share of tussles.

Confused, Ruby tilts her head.

Ruby: Like the mushroom?

Blake leans over.

Blake: Those are truffles.

Ruby scratches her head.

Ruby: Like the sprout?

Yang leans over.

Yang: Those are Brussels.

Y/N: He means that he's had his fair share of battles, Ruby.

Ruby: Ohhh.

Oobleck: Besides, given my expertise in the field of history as well as my dabblings in the archaeological surveys, our dear huntsman saw fit to assign me to this particular... assignment!

Weiss: What does history have to do with this?

Oobleck turns sharply towards Weiss.

Oobleck: Why, what a preposterous question, you silly girl! Why, history is the backbone of our very society! And the liver! Probably the kidneys, if I were to wager.

Y/N: Err... wha...?

Weiss: And that means...?

Oobleck: The southeast quadrant outside of Vale is home to wild forests and deep caves, but it is also the location to one of the kingdom's greatest failures!

Ruby: Mountain Glenn.

Y/N: Oh, so you do pay attention to class!

Ruby: H-Hey!

Yang: That's right though. It was an expansion of Vale... but in the end, it was overrun by Grimm and fenced off from the rest of the city.

Oobleck: Correct! And now it stands abandoned as a dark reminder.

Blake: And a likely place for a hideout.

Shooting a look at Blake, the doctor fixes his outfit and nods.

Oobleck: Precisely.

Soon, you could feel the airship start slowing to a halt, your stomach dropping due to the descent. Peering over, you found yourself on top of ruins and broken-down buildings.

Y/N: Seems like we've arrived. Let's move.

Your teammates draw out their weapons and jump out of the carrier, so you followed suit by drawing out Slice and leaped out. 

Softly landing on the ground, you got into your stance, prepped and ready for a fight. Examining your surroundings, there seemed to be no Grimm in sight, so you relaxed and looked over towards Oobleck.

With a cold breeze in the air, you could feel the turbines of the carrier slowly fade away, the airship turning back around and away. The eerie feeling of the desolate land slowly sets in, a few chills running down your spine as you take in your area.