A Predicament (Chapter 18 Volume 2)

Re-Edited: 27/05/2022 - 29/05/2022

...

...

...

The expressions of Blake, Weiss, and Yang were something that was indescribable. The best way you could put it was that it was a mixture of shock and disbelief.

I mean... you can't blame them. After all, they have just known that...

For one, Apollo has a son.

For two, YOU were his son.

And finally, you were standing right in front of them.

Y/N: So... I take it that you're all surprised, yes?

No response, but their jaws were dropped to the ground. 

Y/N: Figured. My dad must've left a very crazy impression for you all to react like this.

Yang: H-How can we not!? H-He's the strongest huntsman in all of Remnant! He's what every huntsman, every huntsmen-in-training, he's what EVERYONE wants to be!

Blake: A-And you're actually his son...

Weiss: I... can't believe it... We... have a legend right before us. 

Yang: A-And he's our teammate!

Weiss: An Ignatius... s-standing before us...

You looked at Weiss confused.

Y/N: Ig...natius?

Blake: That's what your power, your clan was called in the storybooks. Long ago, during the Great War, the 4 nations were fighting when suddenly, a clan rose from the shadows and single-handedly took them all out. They called themselves the 'Ignatius Clan', a clan raised to become powerful warriors with the abilities to manipulate fire to ones will.

Yang: That sounds... exactly like the power you have, Y/N.

Y/N: Ah... I-I see...

Blake: During the resolution of the Great War, the Ignatius clan was spread throughout the whole world to be able to protect and guard the people of Remnant as an act of peace. They were to raise future huntsmen so that there will no longer be any reason to worry about any more conflicts regards to humanity and Faunus-kind. However... as time went on, the Ignatius clan slowly but surely dwindled in numbers, disappearing off the face of the earth, one by one.

Y/N: O-Oh...

Blake: And... we all thought that your father was one of the last ones alive. So... when he passed away as well... everyone assumed that the Ignatius clan was gone too.

Weiss: But... n-now that you're here... t-this changes things. This... changes history itself.

Letting it sink in, you couldn't help but be overwhelmed with emotions.

Y/N: I... I d-didn't... k-know...

Yang: Oh Y/N...

Your head started to throb, newfound information now seeping into your mind. Calming down with deep breaths, you looked at your team, your eyes burning brighter than before.

Y/N: So... I-I'm the last one of my kind...?

Weiss: I'm... we're not sure. We all thought Apollo was... until you showed yourself to us.

Blake: This... changes things.

You looked away, slowly starting to regret revealing your true identity to your teammates.