Assassin's Last Mission

A/N: Here's the new version of New Avenger! Enjoy the changes and much better writing, and let me know what you think. Comments mean a lot to me, so I'd love the feedback.

The halls were a white blur as I sped through them. Five men ran at me, guns at the ready. I didn't stop. Speeding toward the men, I threw several throwing knives from the pouch on my hip.

I jumped onto a wall, using it to launch myself onto the next wall and jumping over all five men. I turned around as their bodies fell lifelessly to the ground, each in a puddle of blood. Grabbing the knives from their bodies, I cleaned each one and slipped them back into the pouch.

"Nice parkour. Ya sure parkour isn't one of your powers?" The sarcastic voice came through my earpiece. 

"You sure your sarcasm isn't a power, Ryan?" I asked. 

He chuckled, and I smiled. "You're objective is inside that door at the end of the hallway." 

I nodded. At the end of the hallway was a large steel door. I quickly ran toward the door. 

"You should knock, see if anyone's home." Ryan suggested. 

I nodded, and curled my hand into a fist, knocking on the door three times, but no one answered. 

"I'm coming in!" I exclaimed. 

The door flew off its hinges with ease as my fourth knock was more of an extremely hard punch, sending it across the room. It crashed against a wall, and I entered the room, several guards suddenly surrounding me.

"Watch out for the guards." Ryan mumbled under his breath.

"Thanks for the heads up." I sighed. "Let's get this over with."

The guards looked at me, puzzled about my not so eager attitude.

I pulled out my combat knife and dropped to my knees, spinning as I slashed each guards' legs. They all fell to the ground in pain. I put my knife back into its holster around my ankle. These people were dangerous, and I wasn't about to let them live. Whipping around on one foot, I launched my throwing knives, each one piercing the hearts of all eight guards. A semi-quick, maybe slightly painful death.

I stopped, then looked at the bodies, all laying in puddles of blood. As I knelt down to clean and put the knives away, someone behind me started to clap slowly and dramatically.

"Well done." A male voice.

I turned around, my hand on the pistol on the small of my back.

"You are the first agent to ever find me. How did you do it?" My target, Larvill Jones. He was a mass murderer and a mob leader, feared by his enemies and his allies, known mostly as Ghost. He was merciless, killing just for the fun of it. And I was ordered to end him.

"Magic." I replied sarcastically.

Larvill took a step toward me. I stood my ground, not letting fear take me over. Larvill took another step forward, pulling a revolver from his belt.

"Since you are the only one who's ever been able to track me down, you're gonna have to die." Larvill pressed the barrel of his gun against my stomach. 

I quickly disarmed him, ripping his gun from his hands. I pulled the trigger, but before the bullet could even touch Larvill, a round, red, white and blue shield with a star in the center came between them. The bullet slammed against the shield and fell to the ground, crushed. Then, the shield was lowered.

A man wearing a red, white and blue suit placed the shield on his back and grabbed Larvill, cuffing his hands behind his back. A woman with bright red hair joined us in the room. She was wearing a black catsuit with a of logo of a bird on the shoulders.

"What are you doing? This is my mission, not yours. This man is dying here and now." I exclaimed, making the man and woman stop. 

"We need him alive." the woman deadpanned.

"And who the hell are you two? Why are you dressed like the Puerto Rican flag?" I looked at the man.

The woman smirked. "I like her."

"It's american." The man sighed, cuffing Larvill's hands behind his back.

"I don't care." I aimed Larvill's gun at him again. "Give him to me, now."

"No." The woman growled. She grabbed Larvill's arm and pulled him toward where the door used to be. "We've got Larvill." the woman said. I realized they both had earpieces of their own.

"Are you sure that's a good idea? She isn't very happy with us right now." the man whispered. He nodded once and said "Yes, sir." before turning toward me and quickly disarming me.

"What do you want?" I snapped, rubbing my hand after getting the gun ripped from me.

"You have to come with us."

"What do they want?" Ryan asked.

I turned away from the man and the woman. "They want me to go with them. Well, more like they're demanding I go with them."

"Maybe it's a good idea." Ryan suggested.

"Wha-? Why?"

"That's Captain America!" He sounded excited. "He's a real life super hero!"

"Alright, nerd." I sighed. "But I don't care." I turned to the man Ryan had said was Captain America. "I'm not going."

"Just knock her out." The woman suggested.

"I don't think that's a good idea." Captain America debated.

I folded my arms. "You can't make me go with you. I'm going to finish my mission and go home." 

The woman sighed and held her arm pointed toward me, fist closed. Something shot out from something on her wrist and planted itself to my chest. 

"What's this?" I looked down at it as it went off, electrocuting me. "Damn you..." I sighed as I fell backward and everything went dark.