• Hanta Sero •

Requested One Shot

Fem! Reader

(Y/N)'s POV

I eagerly shoved my books and homework into my bag. "Woah (L/N)! Where's the fire?" Kaminari asked me jokingly. "I have somewhere to be!" "Oh? Can I ask where?" "Meeting someone at the fountain in the courtyard."

"Oh? How romantic~! Who's the lucky guy?" Mina chirped eagerly. "It's nothing like that you guys, calm down!" I stood up and put on my bag. "Now if you'll excuse me!"

I ran out the door and made my way down the stairs, cautiously, because I'm a total klutz. I would hate to fall down the stairs at school in a skirt.

After the stairs, I jogged to the courtyard. I sat down on a bench near the fountain waiting for Sero. He had invited me to go to the arcade and how could I say no? Beating him at every game and eating snacks while I do it sounds like fun to me!

"Hey (L/N)! Ready to go?" I gave him a smile and nodded. "Ready to get beaten at Mario kart?" He scoffed. "As if I'd let that happen (L/N), Mario kart is like my favorite game!"

We walked out of the school gates and towards a local arcade. We made casual conversation on the way there. Once we got there we paid for some tokens and looked around a bit.

"Oh, we should play this one!" "A shooter game? You're on!"

We both inserted a token and grabbed a plastic gun. He had gotten the orange one and I had the blue one.

After a few rounds of zombie killing the game ended with me winning. "Ha! 27090 points!" He sighed. "How'd you even get that many points?!" He had gotten 23500. "It's all in the headshots!" "I'm sure to beat you in the next one just you wait!"

We got away from that game and made our way around the machines. "This one!" "Dance dance revolution?" "What? Scared I'll beat ya (L/N)?" "Pft! As if! I'm a great dance dance revolution dancer I'll have you know!"

We inserted two tokens each and the machine unlocked. Sero selected a course and had the game difficulty on normal. "What? Scared of hard mode?" He laughed. "Wanted to go easy on you, next round we'll do hard mode."

The arrows approached their frames and I excitedly stepped on the pad on the floor. I was holding myself with the handrails on the back while I dominated my side of the game. I hadn't even looked over at Sero's side.

Once the round was over I smiled triumphantly. "Look! Look at my score!" He scoffed. "Look at mine first." He pointed at his score and I gasped. "What?! How?!" His score was higher than mine by thousands. "Next round!"

He selected a different song on hard mode, I gulped. I had underestimated his abilities in dance dance revolution, but I couldn't back down! Not now! I could beat him this round and in the final round as well, then I would prove to him that I am the superior Dance Dance Revolution dancer!

I focused on dancing and I had managed to beat him this round, I had failed to realize we brought in a crowd around us.

"Final round (L/N). I'll be honest I'm surprised you managed to beat me this round." I scoffed. "Rude, but yeah I did beat you so ha!"

He let me pick the final round and of course, I had it set on expert mode. 

When we finished the final round I'll be honest I was out of breath, panting. Dance dance revolution is no joke!

The screen faded black before a fright blue screen appeared, Sero had a crown in front of him and his grand score. I did not have a crown in front of me, but I did have my score.

Looking at them I was pretty close to beating him, but not close enough. So next time I'll have to try even harder. The crowd behind us clapped and congratulated both of us though I'm sure they only clapped for me out of pity. "Good match (L/N)! That was super fun." I gave him a smile. "Just wait till next time! I'll kick your butt!"

We left that machine and decided to get a snack since we were both tired and sweaty.
The day went by amazing and I'm glad he asked me to come to the arcade with him.