Chapter 10

A week had passed, and yet so much had happent.
Somehow a sort of silent challenge had been set as Pan had decided to show her that he was not soft, that he never would be. That trying to trigger the light inside of him was completely useless. Pan would punish the lost boys far easier and in way harsher,: days in the cage, open cut left to bleed for an hour and heal it by himself, or no food or water for two days, or even isolation for a week.

Everytime he did that, Pan glanced darkly towards her but she would look at him sadly and walk away. They didn't talk much, not that she cared much anyway, she had her friends and Felix.

Jackson came to her that morning.
"Hey you coming?

"Sure, where to?

"Um hunting?

"Oh ok, yeah I'm ready."

Olivia grabbed her bow and arrow and followed her friend into the forest. Felix and Dodger joined, the four friends always hanging out together.
As they walked, Olivia laughed at a joke and suddenly winced, continuing to walk but gritting her teeth hard.

Jackson and Felix shared a glance but soon they all prepared, squatting behind the bushes, scanning the area for any rabbit or squirrel to kill.
Jackson suddenly threw a knife and quickly picked up a rabbit on the floor. Olivia smirked and with her bow and arrow, aimed to the trees. She let out a breath,released the arrow, and the bird dropped to the ground.

After an hour they were picking some berries and eating some in the process. The young girl caught her friend carefully staring at her and suddenly looked away when she met her eyes. She raised an eyebrow but did not insist. After a moment she sighed and without even looking at him she joked

"You know, if you wanna tell me something just do it. I don't bite very often, today's yout lucky day so shoot.

Jackson chuckled nervously and slowly asked
"Can I ask you a question?

She blinked a few times, surprised and tilting her head slightly she stated
"You know you can ask me anything Jack, you're my best friend.

"I just... don't want to be indiscreet. "

Olivia shrugged and after a deep breath he said
"I... I noticed these past few days that... that when you walked you were limping... and then I realised it had always been there somehow, I just didn't really realise. So... why d'you have it?"

Felix and Dodger looked at her, curious of the answer too. Olivia had frozen in action, all blood drained from her face as she stared before her with something in her eyes... sadness and pain... so much pain.

"Livy?" Felix sad carefully and worryingly "Is everything okay?"

"Livy!"Dodger called at the same time as Jackson. She snapped out of her daze and looked at them with surprise and almost fear. She quickly regained composure, shaking her head as Jackson took her hand "I'm so sorry, Liv' I really am! I didn't mean to bring back bad memories."

She nodded quickly and turned back to the berries.
After a few anguishing minutes she dropped quickly "It was just an accident I got a long time ago, I broke my leg and it's still getting healed. But don't worry J, I'm not mad at you or anything, it's just that... I don't like to talk about it. But you were right to ask. Maybe some day I'll tell you... Just not... for the moment. "

They nodded and she sent them a tight smile before falling back into silence.

Peter's POV

"It was just an accident I got a long time ago, I broke my leg and it's still getting healed. But don't worry J, I'm not mad at you or anything, it's just that... I don't like to talk about it. But you were right to ask. Maybe some day I'll tell you... Just not... for the moment. "