Chapter 22

Peter growled in frustration. He paced, grumbling sentences. How did Driniun get here?! How did he not see it? Shadow hid it from him didn't him?! And now he had captured one of his best lost boys and his only lost girl.

No, indeed, Peter pan was NOT happy. He passed a hand through his hair and turned to Felix.

"Let's go. I don't know how we'll do this. If Hook and Driniun made an alliance, they are both desperate for something, and they will have joined their crew and army then."
He paced again, unsure.

Would he risk his safety, the safety of his boys, of the whole island, for power? It might even make him lose everything.

He shouldn't risk it. Jackson would understand and Olivia t-... no, not her. She wouldn't understand why he left her. She would die, and then what? He would just wait until he finds the truest believer...

So you leave her to die then. You will never see her again. It is over.

Peter grunted in frustration, passing a hand through his hair. Why couldn't he leave her to die without feeling guilty and horrible.
Why did he have this feeling of emptiness everytime he pictured her dead and numb? Why could he not bear the idea of her, dead?! WHY?!

He snapped his head around, cursing under his breath. No nevermind. Then a voice echoed in his head.
Her voice.

You may be more impressive than the others, but that doesn't make you a monster.

Trust me, like I trust you.

He remembered her clinging to her after the nightmare.

He saw her smile, her not answering when he joked if she had missed him. No he couldn't let her die.

Peter please!! Help us!

The desperate cry he had heard earlier.

Felix waited patiently and pan turned to him, determined.

"Let's go."

Felix nodded with a grin and called out

"ALL RIGHT BOYS!! LET'S GO!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Olivia felt someone shaking her awake. And the torture went on. More blows. More kicks.

And the whip.

Driniun whipped her back till her shirt stuck to her open flesh making it feel like a searing burn. The girl whimpered, but couldn't cry out, nor scream. Not anymore. He whipped. Again. And again. And again. She stopped counting.
She could hear him, faintly, yelling in rage at her unresponsive state. Then there seemed to be a pause. Mo more blows. No more yelling.

Then she suddenly felt his hot breath on her face as he lifted it roughly and spat.

"You might wanna spit out something pathetic child, I wouldn't want to know what I could do next if I were you. So?"

He ragily yanked her head back, grabbing her hair and tackled her harder against the wall.

"You have no one to protect you. You can't even protect yourself. I would think twice before shutting myself down in your place!"

She looked at him with no emotion.

He whispered in her ear

"You know, I really do think you actually believe Pan cares about you. Such a pity don't you think?especially when you know Pan holds no feeling for anyone. He's just a monster, a little demon craving for power. That's what he is. A bloodlust and powerhungry demon. You, are no exception. No don't shake your head like that, you know I'm right. The only thing that could potentially interest people around you is your power. It's just what they want. Who would care about a filthy little girl like you? Lost and scared like you.