Chapter 30

A/N just so you know, in this story, Rumple is Pan's little brother, not his son! So.. please keep that in mind! (For those who might think I misunderstood the whole ABC series!😂)

Love y'all!!😘😘

_____________//////_____________///////______
____
__
_

Olivia's POV

As Pan elaborated the past he had well hidden from me until that night where I watched many of his painful past memories, I started to feel sadness and concern. Just like the other day, it confirmed to me that he was not a pure evil with care for no one. He was a lost boy, never understood for what he had suffered and had now become. Sure, it was easy then to enter the darkness because all the pain can only be 'satisfied' by giving it to others according to him and what he had seen before. I knew this to be wrong. So very wrong.

To become who he was, Peter pan, but mostly forever young, he had abandoned his brother, Rumplestiltskin, apparently now the Dark One. I know there was a part of him who no longer care about these crimes, but the other part... I could see right through him. He hated himself for it, therefore being a villain was just in the keep-along line of his dark past. He had tried with Wendy, but the girl had someone else on her mind and no time to comprehend this complex, intense and shattered boy.
So I knew then that I would do it. I wanted to save him. To get him out of this terrible path, of this evilness corrupting his soul. There was good in him and nothing could make me doubt that. And anyone who disagreed with this could go the hell.

So Peter had grown up in a small cottage in the Enchanted Forest. His mother was a witch, a common one, and she left her son after 6 years, saying she had nothing to make of him. She had made sure he stayed out of the way all this time, having him work at an inn, selling him to the man running it. She left with no regret whatsoever if not the one of giving birth. This broke the little kid's heart, he who loved his mother so much, and what could be worse than having her reject you as if you're not worth the actual existence?
He was taken in by the man working in the inn, a drunken crazy fool, beating him up whenever he felt the slightest twist of mood. So Peter fled. After three years, he fled, taking his baby brother with him. He got to another town, far from his original village and tried to get a shelter, any place to work and sleep, but everyone rejected him, suspicious of thieves and evil spirits taking the figure of children to come and destroy your home. They accepted the baby but not him. Peter would not leave his baby brother so he traveled on the road for three other years until he decided to actually steal for a living. He became very independent and ruthless, unafraid to steal whatever he found and sold it to get food and clothes. His little brother Rumple couldn't help, he was only 5 then and Peter was 14.

Peter grew more and more ruthless, and had his first kill at 15. He grew from terrified to bored. He didn't care that much anymore. He still tried not to kill that much, but this was a ruthless world. Why play by the rules when you know you can win with cheating?

Around eighteen, he found the shadow offering him the deal:
Eternal youth, but he had to give up what he loved the most, aka his little brother.
As he encountered the story, I felt Peter tense behind me. I took his hand in mine, squeezing it, telling him to go on. He drew in a sharp breath, confessing he had traded his brother for youth and power. I couldn't say I wasn't horrified at his actions because I was. Family was for me the greatest thing I could ever have, and youth nor power had no importance next to that. That didn't make me utterly better than him, I had my flaws.

As he went on, telling me everything in a hard voice, I bit my lip understanding how broken he really was, eventhough he would never admit it. He finished saying

"Then... here we are..."he trailed off, unsure of what else to say, ashamed.
He sighed heavily and let go of my hand, his elbows on his folded knees, his forehead in his hands. I whirled around and lifted his face, my eyes scanning it with sorrow. But I wasn't afraid. His eyes held no more secrets to me anymore, I could see through it.
There was so much in there, but I could see the breach in them, the shattered boy who lost himself in the dark. I took his hands in mine and locked eyes with him, determined and firm.