Chapter 34

A few days went by. Olivia was staying around the boys who had now for used to her strange behavior. They didn't feel like being around the Olivia they all knew, but they just lived with it. Not that they didn't care, no this was worse. They were scared of what she might do. She spent her days training and walking following the activities as if nothing happent, but her friends could see she kept zoning out. Pan could approach her but she only answered vaguely and it would seem the feelings she used to feel towards him had vanished. Felix kept his distance.

It was rather awkward, and there was always this kind of heavy tension on the island. She was not angry or hateful, she was just indifferent, but inside... she was mortified and shattered to the soul. The boys were defiant towards her, she had no one to talk to, her temper getting the better of her sometimes. Liam stayed with her though but he had no idea how to handle these types of problem. He still stuck to her though, because that's what big brothers do right? The week just then, Pan had brought back over five new lost boys. Olivia had eyed them indifferent at first but then she caught one of them staring at her with confusion and she sent him a smile which her returned, and then as he turned away, a smirk displayed her features.

One day she went to bed exhausted and frustrated before the boys ' attitude towards her. She fell asleep, angry and hateful towards herself and a little towards others.. she didn't really know who though.

"Olivia... I told you... trust me... we can do this... if you accept my help...

"Let's do it. "

_____________________

Olivia sat up on her bed and got dressed. She grabbed her weapons, and wrapped herself in a large cloak. She exited her tent, knowing camp was completely quiet and asleep. Her eyes flickered to the small tent Seb slept into, watching over her protectively and without further longing, she slowly walked deeper into the jungle, the cloak flying slightly behind her. Her steps were slow and large but precise and her path did not falter. She kept going, her face dead serious. There was no more hesitation in her eyes.
After a long walk she stopped and waited a moment. She then whirled around and her eyes narrowed at the figure before her.

"So you came... you wish to finish the procedure?

"What else would I be here for?

"Good. "The figure chuckled and approached her. She stared at it dead in the eye and let the person do what had to be done as his hand was pressed against her forehead. The magic took about an hour to perform and result into a success. Olivia had greeted her teeth the whole time, a few hasty tears raced down her cheeks and at the end she felt her breath caught in her throat and when she exhaled a large breath, the wince on her face transformed into an emotionless expression. Not a single emotion was written on her face.

"Now you can rise."the voice added and she glanced at the figure as a dark smirk made its way to her lips.

"Let the game begin."she said and the figure nodded, before whispering

"Beware of Pan though, he is not easily taken down. You need to become something worse than him to do so, something terrible...

"Why?"she said shrugging and then added

"You need a monster to destroy a monster. I can do this."

The figure chuckled and vanished leaving the girl alone, her eyes darkened. The jungle darkened, an ice cold breeze pierced through her but she didn't even shiver. Instead, she closed her eyes and a second later she opened them. There she stood in a small cave and there was a lost boy staring right at her with confusion. He looked around, a little afraid and back to her.

"You... you're Olivia right?"

The girl looked at him with a small flash of triumph in her eyes and nodded.