Chapter 26

He watched as her face fell, paler, and her lips slightly parted as she let out a small breath, having totally unexpected this.

  Forever.             Never.

Two big words she was yet to feel the true length of. No turning back. The type  of impossible choices one has to make in order to live.

Olivia looked away, thoughts twirling in her head. Staying forever?! Never leav this island?! She had a family here, and friends, people to take care of, but on the other hand, she did miss a little bit the world she had been used to. It felt safer.

Did it?

Going back to the world without being able to come to Neverland again and see the people she cared for... Besides, she had no one back there, no family, no place to live. The streets. Yes that would be it. The 'choice' he gave her wasn't one. It was fake. She could only stay here. She suppressed the tears brimming her eyes and grabbed the leaf before gulping the water. Pan watched her, surprise but relieved. In fact he was overjoyed. He was glad to have used kindness, for the first time in a long time. It looked as though it really was paying off.

Olivia winced as the magic operated in her hand. She let out a small gasp in the end but when she looked at it, there was only a thin scar across the palm. She drew in a sharp breath and the feeling of being in a trap caught her hard.

Then she looked up at him and said coldly.

"There was no choice."

She stood up and walked away, leaving a startled and hurt Pan behind. What did he do wrong?! He gave her the choice and now she blamed it on him?!
He passed a hand through his hair in frustration and standing up, he leant against a tree, anger slowly replacing the deceit.

"What did I do wrong?! I gave her the choice!"he shouted as Felix came out of the shadows.

"I let her choose!! I could have just forced her to drink it, but no, I didn't!! And yet she's bloody mad at me!"

Felix was surprised at the outburst, Pan didn't usually feel anything but hatred towards people reacting differently to what he wanted.

"I should have just forced her.  Why did I even do that in the first place!?"he growled. Felix faced his best friend.

"It was right. Pan.

"No it wasn't. Ugh, I don't know how and it infuriates me! This girl makes me feel guilty of things I do and plan to do! She makes me want to let go of everything, of all the darkness because she has that light, attracting me so hard! Felix why is that?! "He said confused and angry at himself.

Felix stated slowly.

"You care about her, Pan. More than you could ever admit. Much much more. Deep down you know it. You love her."

Pan snapped his head towards his friend with fury

"How dare you Felix! You know I cannot love and I will not allow you to say such things esp-

"Dammit Pan!
I am your friend, I know you better than anyone else! Just admit it!
        You're in love with Olivia!" Felix said .

"I CAN'T!" Pan shouted, cutting him off. "I can't say that, Felix! How can I anyway?!"

Felix sent him a sad look as he went on.

"How can I admit that... I think about her all the time?! That when she smiles I'd do anything so the smile never fades, that whenever I travel and watch the sunset or the snowy landscapes I think about how she would love to see it?! How can I admit that if she left I would feel broken?!
That not having her around makes me feel incomplete?!