Chapter 39 (2d part)

The boy stopped a few feet from her and his eyes scanned her face

"Oh Livy... what happent to you..."he sighed and she didn't answer at first, too shocked to respond. He took a step forward and checked her out carefully, as if he was meeting a stranger. Olivia backed away.

"Jackson what are you doing here??! You... you're dead!!"she cried and he stared at her sadly.

"I am. And you will be soon if you go on like that. "

His eyes scanned the room and his lips pressed into a thin line.

"You chose this place...why?

"I... I don't know I just... I didn't chose any of this.

"Yes you did. Listen, this here, where we are, that's inside your mind. When you project your consciousness in introspection, the place you find yourself in is your choice. It is mostly the place of your dreams. " He looked at her thoughtfully.

"As for you... you chose the place of your nightmares. The place you dread and the memory you wish to forget sometimes and yet you let it play over and over. Because right now, it's not the truest Olivia in control is it? You, are her darker side. Her desperate need. Olivia's is in there only partially.

"Is that so?"she retorted, quirking an eybrow.

At that moment the ground shook once more and an explosion was felt that threw them to the floor once more and the backdoor jerked open to reveal... Olivia.

Jackson turned to the one already standing before him.

"It's you. But you're still you. Only... the opposite. "

And in fact that other Olivia wore her lost girl outfit, she had a determined expression on her face and she wore something else. A silver bracelet. The one Pan gave her that chained her to a tragic fate of death which he freed her of. Jackson stood in the middle as both Olivias locked eyes. When she saw Jackson, the same expression of bewilderment appeared on her face and she took a few hesitant steps.

"Jackson what's going on? Why am I standing there as well... why am I facing my darker self?! I just broke out of this... dark room filled with memories... I don't understand."

Jackson smiled and extended his hand towards her.

"You mustn't be afraid Olivia.

"I'm not.

"Yes you are you're weak and useless!"her darker self hissed receiving a look of confusion.

"The trouble is, Livy... you're conflicted. You are lost and you don't know who you are anymore nor who you want to be. Her"he said motioning for the red armoured warrior "or her"he said turning to the lost girl. "For the moment, you let that darker side of you control your mind and actions, tell me why.

"Don't play foolish Jackson."she spat and her hand rested on the pummel of her sword as she glared at him and her 'light' self.
"We both know why all this happent. Look at you all pathetic, you still carry it! The bracelet sits on your wrist! The one used to try and kill you. And Pan wa the investigator of all these plans and treacheries. So what you want to forgive him now ?! Live happily ever after?! Is that it?!"

"Olivia" Jackson said firmly and calmly "you need to make a choice. Who are you now!? What is you want? Revenge? Death? Or are you ready to give him a second chance?"

Her eye trailed from her other self to Jackson. She stared down at the bracelet.

"You know what is right. "

"If I could bring you back I would." Olivia told him, tears in her eyes.

"I'm so sorry for what happent to you."