Chapter 16

SIBLING EXPLANATION

    Olivia wanted to say no but he insisted
"Please. You can ignore me all you want afterwards, hate me and never talk to me again, but just tell me what I do not know. At least tell me why I screwed up and what I screwed up."

She hesitated and then stood up

"Fine. You wanna know ?" She stopped at hos level and spat
"You screwed up my life."
He swallowed, looking down and them straight in her eyes
"Explain. Let's go somewhere else.

"There's no 'let's ', Liam. I go and you go. I don't consider you as my brother anymore. Get used to it."

He sighed and followed her to the small glade. She instantly climbed the tree and they both sat on different branches, they had to turn to the side to look at each other.

Olivia looked before her. After a moment she turned to him with a dark expression "Give me one good reason to justify your presence here."
Liam looked down and she added
"We both know Neverland is for people who feel lost. Unloved. Uncared about. So why you?"she said through gritted teeth.

"You left. Without a note, nothing. You had planned it all for days but you told no one, not Mom or Dad not even me!"she had tears in her eyes now, tears of rage.

Looking away she dropped, talking slowly
"You have no idea of the consequences of that departure... none...
And yet they're dead because of you... all these people..."
Liam felt his heart drop. "Mom and Dad?"he uttered. She ignored him looking at the sun rise.
"At first I believed you were gone somewhere for a time, I wanted to believe it.

You should have seen our parents... Mom wouldn't stop crying, in her blue chair, refusing to eat until you came back safe, and Dad.... Dad stroking her hair " tears welled in their eyes "telling her it was okay, that you would be back soon. They were so full of hope.

Then they thought you had been kidnapped so they called the police and never stopped looking for you. Never. They were so sure you would never have left just like that. So they consecrated all their time searching every town every village every state. And I had to watch them so torn with sadness, pain, slowly drifting in an ill state,... I had to take care of them, to do everything, and mostly tell them you were all right and coming back soon.

But after a few days I admitted it to myself... I knew you had left, willingly. I know you so well I noticed things you always kept with you but not these days where you were acting weird. And I had to carry the burden of the secret.

You have no idea how much it hurt. I loved you more than anyone in the world. I looked up to you. And you ran away like a coward. Was it about Marine?! That bitch? You still wouldn't get over her would you.?! Now I won't judge you on a broken heart because I have never
experienced it like that, but it still caused the death of so many...

Yes, I loved you... but not anymore. And never could I ever call my brother again. "

Liam could not utter a word, and tried helplessly to fight back the urge to cry.
"I don't understand... They died because... because I left? No, this, this can't be I-

"The story is almost as fun."she spat bitterly. "No, Mom and Dad were stronger than that. They fought against the urge of letting themselves die, because of me.

Now I'm here, in Neverland, and I find you're there too. How could you? "
Her voice got louder and louder
"How Could you when you had a Mum and Dad who loved you more than anything . You had a family, YOU HAD ME!! I WAS YOUR SISTER!! AND ALL I CARED ABOUT WAS YOU!!!! "

She shook her head, sobbing, her face leaning on her knee. She clenched her jaw.

"But I guess it was all bullshit to you. Did you ever care about me?!