Chapter 18

I would recommend sad song or soundtrack if you listen to music.... pretty rough and intense chapter ahead... enjoy!😉

************************************

Olivia was sat next to Felix as always, sharpening her sword while the lost boys chatted joyfully. At one point they all went to bed, except her and her friends... Jackson, Dodger and Felix. Liam stayed too while Seb kept an eye on her in the darkness.

Olivia lifted her face and suddenly met with Liam staring straight at her. For a moment they locked eyes until with a hard face she said bitterly

"It was three months after you left. You disappeared on October 15 2008, right? "Her voice echoed bitterly, and her eyes refused to meet his.
All the heads shot up and turned to her but she only stared at the fire, her jaw clenched when not talking .
They were all listening especially Liam. And she spoke very slowly, taking her time, living the whole story over again...

A/N warning
There will be violence in this chapter, if you're not comfortable with it, don't read, there will be a sum up in the next chapter. It's not too bad, I just want to make sure of some are reaaaally sensitive to it. Otherwise it's fine.😘

*********************

"I just couldn't do it anymore... faking to be all right when nothing was. Having everyone pity me. Having to reassure Mom and dad every single day that you would come home safe and sound, that you still loved us when I knew all this was just a lie.

  I stayed strong for three months. Seemed to me like three years. I always kept the picture of us two in my pocket and on my desk, desperate to keep the good memories. I kept going to your room just lying on the floor, hoping,... (God, how much I still hoped,!) you would storm in and apologize and tell me you'd never leave, ever again. Mom re-made your bed every morning, opened your shutters in the morning and closed them at night. Somehow we always set the table for you. It almost became a ritual, and I noticed how Dad kept glancing at the window and Mom at the door, as if they thought you would appear there. Three months like that. Then I had it. Mom fell sick, she cried all the time. She was so sensitive, remember?

There was this day when I simply couldn't have it anymore you know? So I decided to leave. Not like you did. No, I talked about it with them before, telling them I might leave to find a job somewhere, to start over. At first they freaked out but then they accepted. And when I decided I was ready I left a note and left the house to go to Maya's . I did not want to leave like a thief...

It was all right at the beginning but then after a week the parents called me ...

Flashback with Olivia's POV
February 3rd 2009.

"Hey honey, how are you?

"Um...yeah I'm okay... you?

"We're ... doing okay. Um... your mother and I talked about something and we ...
We've decided to...move on..."
There was a silence and I nodded. He went on
"We-we've thought a dinner could be a good idea,  with all our friends, to show that we're moving on... there's no point in hoping anymore. Either he's gone either... he could still show up some day... but we'll be there for him anyway... So we have invited your aunts and uncles, cousins and friends to a dinner at the great chic restaurant you know, which owns the hotel...

"Oh, you mean the "Goldentulipe"? "

"Yes, this one. We will spend the evening there, on Friday and then stay at the hotel for the weekend, what do you think?"