Chapter 13

"You sure about this? You know you can st-

"Yes, thank you, Hawk."she cut gently
"But I'll be fine.

'Well at least come and visit. And if you need to get away a little, the village will always be welcoming you.

"Thank you very much for your kindness. Goodbye."

She walked away. Olivia felt a little anxious but she had missed Felix, scared like she had been the other night.
She recognized camp a few meters away, and felt relieved, besides, she had so much to tell Felix and Jacskon.
When she stepped forward again branches suddenly grabbed both her wrists, tackling her against a tree and knocking the air out of her. She struggled, the branches hurting her. Pan suddenly blinked in front of her looking dark and cold.

"Look who came back. Our running lost girl. Always trying to escape. But no one leaves my island without my permission."

"Ow, Peter let me go! I didn't try to run! I can explain!

"Oh I bet you will, Little one" he said, cold as ice. "You should stop struggling though, unless you want to have your bones crushed."

She stopped fighting the magic and looked up to his face.
"You tried to leave, so you broke the rules. And now you will pay."
He motioned for a boy with a sign of the head. Felix stood beside him, emotionless. Olivia watched as two boys brought another boy, all bruised and bloodied. Hunter.
She shot Pan a questioning look . The boys left him facing Pan who extended his arms before her

"See what it does, witch?! You broke the rule, you get punished, but so does he.

"Wha- Why?! What has he-

"Hunter here,"pan motioned for the boy who looked down. "was the one supposed to look after you, to make sure you stayed safe here. But he failed. And now he is paying the price."
Olivia felt dizzy, she had never thought of that. And now he was punished because of her.

"Peter please, this is my fault, he had nothing to do with this. Punish me. Just me."

The young boy ignored her and turned to Hunter who stared at Olivia confused, and shaking his head like this was a bad idea.

"You are lucky she's alive. Your torture ends here. I would've made your death a long and painful one. But seeing she's here...

Olivia wondered if he was going to let him go.

"I'lll just make it quicker" Pan added, plunging his hand in Hunter's chest and taking out the pumping heart.

Olivia shook her head, desperate
"No please don't do this, Pan please. Don't..."

"Please don't do this"she breathed out, struggling ignoring the branches slowly crushing her wrists which were bleeding and purple. Pan turned to her with a dark look.
"It's all on you, love. All of this. Hunter was supposed to make sure you broke no rules. But he failed. You did . Now he gets punished.

"No please, punish me instead-

"Let this be a lesson."he growled before crushing the heart with his hand.
Olivia screamed her guts out, as Hunter's body collapsed to the floor. She stared at it in shock and turned her eyes towards the killer. But this time, her eyes were dry.
She was strong she wasn't going to cry .
Breathing in, she let out a breath of frustration, disgust and disappointment. Was she wrong about him?

"Now, your punishment."he said and she noticed his eyes were completely black. "You stay here until I decide it's over."

She locked eyes with him until he stepped forward and his eyes still dark he whispered in her ear
"Look at you. Trying to be the brave girl. Do you see it now? Come on say it."he added looking then straight into her eyes. But she stared at him dead in the eye. He smirked and vanished. When he disappeared, Olivia let out a breath and leant her head against the tree trunk. She was still covered in dirt and blood. The poor girl was exhausted, hungry and thirsty, plus, Pan had left the body before her. Olivia lay her eyes on it.