Chapter 20

Peter caught her as she collapsed
"Hey there Little one, steady!"he said gently. She leant against his chest and when he pulled away he caught her as her eyes rolled back, her head lolled and her body limb.
He lay her on the bed and noticed how she was clung to his hand. He quickly withdrew it. The young girl looked faint, her eyes half closed but had rolled to the back of her head.

And then she stopped moving. Completely still. When he touched her forehead, a frown made its place on his face. It wasn't heated with fever. No. It was cold. Far colder than it should be. Her arms were getting cold too.

Ans she wasn't waking up.

"Olivia."he called out.

"Hey Olivia!"he tried again. When she didn't he hesitated, turned away then came back and waved his hand on front of her face. The girl inhaled suddenly, and opened her eyes.

"What...what happent?"she whispered

"Um...you were unwell so you... you fainted."

She nodded and sat up, ignoring the searing headache that tightened her head.

"Hey slow dow, take it easy.

"I'm fine. I just felt unwell for a moment that's all.

"You shouldn't get up now. You need to rest "

She sent him a funny look
"Are you actually worried about me, Peter pan?"she said with a teasing smile .
He rolled his eyes

"Of course not! I don't...I don't worry about my lost boys. It's pathetic."

There was a silence.

"Yes, I see that."she said, thinking about Hunter. Pan looked at her with surprise and then sighed.

"You're still mad at me about it aren't you?

"Well are you surprised?! Honestly?! You killed him, Peter! Wether he did something wrong or not doesn't give you a right on his life!! You don't decide who lives and dies here! No one does. Punish them all right but don't kill them! Who are you to think you're God, or have the power to end lives whenever you feel like it?! With no regret whatsoever!! How heartless can you be!?
I don't understand..."she trailed off, panting. Well, she needed to get that out.

Peter was staring at her intensely. Olivia looked at him, and bit her lip, before looking down. But she took none of it back. Peter said nothing, hesitating inside.

"It doesn't mean anything to me."

She turned to him as he clenched his jaw.

"We both know that's not true.

"No, you know nothing, about me!"he growled.

"Why does it infuriate you so much? We're a family  isn't that what you told me when I arrived here? The lost boys are all family. If we're going to spend all our life here, we might as well act like a family. It doesn't have to be complicated. Otherwise, why bring me here? "

He sighed and shook his head.

"You should get some sleep. It's still not morning."

Olivia swallowed, dreading the idea of going back to sleep and have that nightmare again. No. She wasn't going back to sleep.

She looked at him almost pleading but he left after a few seconds. Instantly the demons of her nightmares passed before her eyes, making her shut her eyes and hold her head with her hands. Screams echoes around her, gunshots and horrible sounds. She gritted her teeth and taking her weapons she walked out, making sure no one saw her and disappeared into the jungle.