Chapter 14

The wind blew violently through the massive hollow trees which shook their branches and leaves, sending moving shadows on the green grass ground.
There stood only one house. In the field. Made of wood, it was so old the planks cracked at every blow of wind and held holes everywhere. It stood there, small house in a meadow, with only some curtains flowing out of of the shattered glass window.
Standing there, alone could make anybody unease and frightened maybe. But not them. Not the two kids running along the field. The little boy and the little girl running together, smiles on their faces, showing nothing else than simple genuine happiness.

They stopped before the house, their eyes filled with wonder and curiosity. Slowly the little boy walked to the door.
"Liam who do you think lives here?

Liam turned to his sister with a mischievous smile
"Some witch coming to get us to a terrible place and selling us to a horrible master!"
The little girl gasped, believing every word he said. In a whisper she asked, glancing at the flowing curtains
"And the master, is he a.. wizard? Do you think he could transform me into a bird? Or will he kill us?"

Liam walked back to her with a smile and grabbing her hand he led her to the door saying
"No no no, actually the master is said to be horrible, but he's not. He actually pretends to be. He will lead us to a fairy, his wife, and she will send us to a magic land where you can do anything you want! "
Her eyes shone with excitement and he added "Livy, you'll be a bird. You can fly there."

Olivia seemed like the happiest girl on the earth but she squeezed her brother's hand "But only if you're a bird too. I'm not going anywhere without you.

"I'll always be there for you, Livy. Always. "
He stared at the house and sho did she.

"It's you and me, Livy. Always. You and me against the world."
She nodded solemnly and they ran in.

*************

"Olivia come on! You're coming to my house this afternoon! Don't wanna be late!
"Be there in a sec Maya!"said the twelve years old girl "Just wait outside I'm coming."

She threw her stuff in her box and turned around just to face two boys and a girl with evil smiles on their faces
"Now now, who do we have here? Olivia Anderson. " said the girl " Wait, aren't you looking for somehting?"
She added and seeing Olivia's confused expression she showed a book with pictures in it.
"That's mine give it back!"
She tried to snatch it from her but the girl held it away form her hand.

"Do, you wanna be a bird little dwarf?"
She had always been teased for her height.
"Give.it.back.now."she growled.

"Ooh, look Who's getting angry"one of the boys snickered
"We just wanna ask you somehtin'

"Shoot"she said crossing her arms on her chest trying to sound confident but failing completely.

"We need somehting important to be done. And we found that you're just the right person for it.

"Huh,"she scoffed "No way, I'm not getting into your dirty business, John. Never. Might as well find someone else to do your dirty job."

The other boy suddenly leapt, grabbing her by the collar and tackling her against the wall violently
"You listen and you listen good. You do the job and you tell no one about it or it will get ugly for you, little scum.