Chapter 31

Peter opened his eyes and looked at Olivia asleep next to the bed. She had insisted that he got some sleep so he had obliged her but he still needed to get that help. He smiled sadly at the sight of her innocent face, her lips slightly parted as she slept peacefully. He lay her on the bed and pulled up the covers so she was warm. Olivia mumbled his name in her sleep and his hand stroked her face gently before he kissed her forehead one more time and vanished.

_____________________

His shadow had refused to help and repeated there was nothing that could be done. But he knew there was. He materialized back into the jungle and waited. Soon enough a small figure walked out and let the hood reveal her face.

"What do you want Pan?"she slee curious.

"I need your help Tink. It's Olivia."he added and she smiled.

"What about her? You two seem pretty much okay right now.

"No that's not the problem. The problem is the bracelet. Tge bracelet I gave her. "

Her smile faded instantly as she remembered. Her face paled and he continued.

"It has started . The power of it. It's working."he said somber.

Tinkerbell's face dropped. She felt her heart squeeze in her chest.
Pan was watching her seriously and gravely.

___
Meanwhile

Olivia woke up in a start. She frowned as she realised she was in bed and rolled her eyes at what she took for Peter's stubbornness . She threw back the cover and hopped on her feet before exiting the tent. She waved at the boys and walked through the jungle, still smiling at how protective and sweet Pan had become when she heard voices and recognized his.
She strode carefully, the voices were speaking low and were hushed like this was something grave and important. The young girl tiptoed to a tree and listened.

"Does Olivia know?" She recognized Tink's voice. It made her frown. What could they be talking about. Maybe she shouldn't be listening but right now they were talking about her so she wanted to know. Pan shook his head. She couldn't see his face, his back was facing her.

"No. Why would I tell her? But as I said it's started, now I need your help about it.

"So the bracelet is working now isn't it?

"Like I told you yes."he said annoyed that this was taking so long, but it sounded very wrong to Olivia she stared at the one Pan gave her, wondering what he was getting at.
The conversation went on.

""That means... all her powers will be sucked out of her soon, very soon. Then she will die and you will be immortal.
Your plan worked Pan. And you disgust me.." Tink said bitterness laced in her voice.

Olivia frowned as her heart dropped. Something seemed to have stopped it suddenly.

Your plan worked Pan

She will die and you will be immortal.

Your plan worked...

No, she heard wrong. This wasn't it. Wait... no everything had to stop right now, right now ! Olivia didn't realise she was holding her breath, as it got stuck in her throat, struck with realization. She waved her hands before her as if to push away an invisible ennemy.