Move one (Bonus Chapter)

I rubbed my belly. I was getting big already. I felt content.

"Why are all the alphas meeting for." Asked John.

Alpha Blake made this annually gala to help raise money for charity or something. All I knew is a bunch of Alphas we're going to show up to flex.

My husband rubbed my belly and looked at all the other alphas as Intimidation, just in case they wanted to try Sometime funny.

Roman looked at me with admiration in his eyes. I gave him a smile. I don't hate him. He looks in a way lost and depressed.

I walked over to him.

"How are you Roman."

He looked shocked that I was even talking to him.

"I'm feeling well." He said. "You are glowing."

I nodded.

"Can we talk about something." He asked.

I wonder what it could be about.

"Sure." I said as we walked over to a balcony.

"What's up." I said.

He looked like he wanted to cry. I don't want that to happen.

"I am still in love with you."

I shook my head.

"Roman you need to let go of that love that you have and find someone that will love you and care for you. I cannot be that person because I am madly in love with my husband."

Roman POV
I already knew that. The way she looked at him was suppose to be the way that she was suppose to be looking at me. I really threw it all away for a stupid immature reason.

"Do you think how life would be if I ever took as my mate."

She thought a second.

"No." She says truthfully. "I'm really happy .... more than I could ever be."

She meant it. Because her eyes looked over at him. He was looking at us. He knows he has nothing to worry about. He knows that she loves him and only him.

"I remember one time you telling me that I would thank you for rejecting me." She looked at me and gave a little laugh. " I thought in my head at the time. How could he think that I would thank him, but little did I know that you were right. I should thank you. Because of that rejection... I have everything I could ever ask for."

She looked at me seriously.

"Thank you."

She over the bond.

This was breaking me.

I lost everything over a stupid mistake.

I lost her.

"Roman you are a good man." She said looking into my eyes. They held a little care for me but not in a way that I want. More as a distant friend. "I want you to be happy with someone. Make a life with them."

"I can't if it's not with you."

She shook her head.

"Find love with someone that will be able to love you." She says to be.

"Can I ask a question." I ask.

She nods.

"Why when you came back, didn't you give me a chance." I asked. I felt like if she gave me a chance I would be the man she would be with. I would have claimed her heart.

She looked at me sadly.

"I did give you a chance Roman. I gave you so many, I even begged you many times to reconsider. I humiliated myself so much. Once I left that town, you were dead to me." She said.

I wanted to kill myself.

How fucking stupid was I.

I remember the way I mistreated her when she would beg me. It was all coming back to be. She begged me to take her as a mate... so many times.

"Do you feel the bond." I ask her.

I need to know if she feels it. At least a little.

"Not really." She shrugged. "I know it's there but it doesn't bother me."

I looked at her.

She could have been my future.

She is perfect in every way.

"I'm sorry I took your for granted." I said.

She smiled and gave me a hug.

"Let that go Roman." She said. "I am really proud of the alphas you have become. You deserve to find love. And when you do I will be there supporting you."

With that she gave me one last smile and walked away.

My heart ached.

How can I find love when she is the only one for me.

I love her

And it hurts that she loves someone else.

I see her go into her husbands arms. He rubs her belly and gives me a stare down.

I am lost.

I am paying for my sins.
———————-

Just a little bonus chapter.