Chapter 23: (Recovering)

»»»»»»»»The Next Morning«««««««««

~Jackson's POV~

I woke up the next morning and I went into the bathroom. I did my hygiene routine and I fixed my hair. I put on some Nike Elite shorts and some socks and Nike shoes. I put a jacket on since its chilly. I went downstairs and I went to McDonald's and I got Zoey the pancakes, with eggs and sausage and a biscuit. I got me one too since I was hungry. I know she's tired of that gross hospital food.

I paid for the food and I drove to the hospital. Once I got there I went to the check in at the front desk.

Lady - "Hello. Who's room are you going to?" She asked.

Me - "Um, Zoey washington. " I said. She checked her computer and told me to go to room 231. I walked in and she was up watching E News! When she saw me she smiled.

Zoey - "Hey babe! You didn't have to get me breakfast!" I gave her the bag and she took out her plate of food. She poured syrup on her pancakes and she but into one. "Mmm" She said.

Me - "Good isn't it?" She nodded. Stuffing her mouth with food.

Zoey - "Yea...thanks for bringing me breakfast. I was getting tired of that hospital food. " She said. Just then the doctor walked in with a clipboard in his hand.

Dr. McGraw - "So how are you feeling Zoey?" He asked.

Zoey - "I'm feeling better. The pain is starting to go away. " He wrote something down the the clipboard.

Dr. McGraw - "That's good. Well I have some good news, your heart rate and everything else seem to be good. And if it continues that way you will be able to leave this afternoon. How does that sound?" He asked smiling.

Zoey - "It sounds great! I can't wait to get out of h- ow!" She held her side.

Dr. McGraw - "Just be careful. Don't move too quickly or you will get hurt. But anyways I will come back and check in to see how are going later on today." He suggests.

Me - "Ill make sure she doesn't get too carried away sir. " He nods and then leaves. Me and Zoey continue eating our breakfast. Zoey took a drink of her orange juice and then she said something.

Zoey - "Will I still be able to go to the spa later?" She asked innocently. I smirked and then started laughing.

Me - "Haha yea. I'll still let you go to the spa later with rachel. Just tell them to go easy on you. I don't want them to hurt you. " I said. I'm gonna be honest. I am worried about rachel. I really don't want anything bad to happen to her ever again. Now I feel guilty because I wasn't there. I never want to see her get hurt again. "Zoey?" I said. She looked at me and raised her eyebrows.

Zoey - "Yea?" She asked.

Me - "I feel horrible about all of this. I should have been there. You could have died out there! I hope you're not mad at me. "

Zoey - "Aww babe! I'm not mad at you. It wasn't your fault okay?" She motioned her hands at me signaling for me to come sit by her. I walked and sat down with her in the bed. "Look when we get out of here we're going straight home okay? We're not going anyway for the rest of the day. Just you and me. Although....how about we go to dinner? Or we could have dinner at home. How about that?" She asked.

Me - "Yea that sounds good. I love you babe. " I said.

Zoey - "I love you too. " She kissed me on the forehead.

*

*

*

»»»»»»»»Later That Day«««««««««

~Zoey's POV~

Me and Jackson were talking when the doctor came in.

Dr. McGraw - "Well Zoey, we've checked out everything and it looks good. You are now free to go. " He then leaves again.

Me - "Yes!! We can leave now! Woohoo. And I can finally take this gown off. I didn't even bother to go in the bathroom to change. I got out of bed slowly and I took my gown off. Jackson just started at me the whole time. I smirked.

Me - "Like what you see?" I asked. He laughed.

Jackson - "Yes, a lot. " He said. I rolled my eyes and I changed. I put on some spanks with a crop top and some nikes. We went to the front desk and I checked out. Jackson took my bag and put it I'm the trunk of his car. He opened the door for me and ran to the other side and got in the car. He turned the car on and we were on our way home.

Jackson - "You sure you want me to cook dinner? Or would you rather have chic-fil-a?!" My face immediately lit up.

Zoey - "Of course I want chic-fil-a! Let's go!"

*

When we got to chic-fil-a we went through the drive through and got our food. Zoey got her usual number 1 with a large lemonade. I got the number 3 with a lemonade. We drove home.