Chapter One - Kwamis and Secrets

(Marinette's P.O.V.)

"I'm late again, Tikki," I say as I slam the bakery door, "Ms. Bustier is going to be so mad!" I run to school, my heart pounding. If I got another unexcused absence, I was going to be suspended. This had to be the only thing I didn't like about being Ladybug. I miss too much school! Tikki smiles. "Marinette, you need to start setting your alarm clock!" she says, giggling. I clench my fists. "Not funny, Tikki," I whisper as we approach the school, "Not funny at all." She sees that we're at the school, and she hides in my bag. I run up the stairs, knowing that I can't be late again.

"Marinette, what did I tell you about running up those stairs? You're going to hurt yourself!" yells Ms. Bustier. I turn on my heel to face her. "Ms. Bustier, am I late?" I ask. She chuckles. "No, Marinette, you're right on time. Get in the classroom and go to your seat, the bell will ring soon," she says with a smile.

Nobody seems to notice when I walk into the classroom. "Good," I think, "I won't be asked any questions today." I sit next to Alya, who immediately whips her head around to look at me. "Where were you, girl?" she asks, putting her pencil on the desk. "Alya, I was just up late last night baking," I tell her, taking my binders out of my backpack. She sighs. "Girl, you have to set your alarm clock," she says. "That's what my kwami said, too." I mutter under my breath. Alya's jaw drops. "Crap," I think, "I forgot Alya knows what a kwami is," She gives me an over-the-glasses look and whispers, "Meet me at the park during lunch. We need to talk."

I take my time getting to the park. I'm dreading the talk with Alya, seeing as she probably knows I'm Ladybug! "What if she was akumatized?" I think, "My identity would be revealed! Or, worse, she could put it on the LadyBlog! Oh, I am so dead..."

I sit down on a bench and wait for Alya. It is only a few minutes before she arrives and sits down next to me. "Alya, what's all this about?" I ask, my voice trembling. She sighs. "Girl, don't act like you don't know why we're here. There are very few girls who know what a kwami is, and you look like Ladybug. Don't deny it, girl. You're absent almost every day!" she says.
"Who are you going to tell?" I ask.
"I won't tell anybody. In fact, I'll cover for you, girl!" she whispers.
     "Alya, what if you get akumatized?"
     "I won't. Chloé found out that you can resist akumas. I'd gladly resist one to keep your secret safe."
     "Thanks, Alya."
     "No problem, girl. Let's go get some lunch."
     I smile. I can trust Alya. Can't I?

.............................................................................

Hey, guys! Hope you enjoyed the first chapter! I'll try to update every other day. Goodbye for now!