Chapter Four - Marinette

(Adrien's P.O.V.)

I rush into the school building, Plagg trailing behind me. "Kid, wait up," he says, "It's too early in the morning for this."

"Come on, Plagg," I reply as I run up the stairs, "I'm going to be late!" As I walk into the locker room, I run into Lila.

She seems quite surprised to see me. I can see that she was on her phone, as she quickly slides it into her backpack. That's funny, it's almost like she's hiding something from me.

"Oh, h-hi, Adrien," she stutters, (She never stutters, so this is quite awkward) "What's new? A-Are you going to the dance?"

The dance! I had completely forgotten about it. I wanted to ask Marinette, (we would be going as friends) but I doubt Father would let me go, anyway.

"I don't know, Lila, I'll have to ask my father. I think I already know who I'm bringing, though," I tell her. She smiles, and I know what she's going to do. Lie.

When I get to class, Alya whispers to Marinette. She nods and walks up to me.

"Adrien," she says, "I love you. I've always loved you. When I look at you, I can't help but stutter. I don't like you because you're a model, I love you because you have always been kind to me. You are one of the best people I've ever met. Will you go with me to the dance?"

I freeze, unsure of what to do. I love Ladybug, don't I? And one day, she'll love me, too.

"Marinette, I'm sorry, but I love somebody else." I whisper. I can see that she's about to cry. Lila stands up.

"I'm so sorry, Marinette," she says, "But he wants to take me to the dance."

That does it. Marinette runs out of the classroom and slams the door.

We all sit in silence until Miss Bustier walks in. "You are being unusually quiet. What happened? And where's Marinette and Lila?"
she asks.

I look behind me, and sure enough, Lila had snuck out.