Chapter Three - Hard Choices

(Marinette's P.O.V.)

I watch Chat Noir rise upwards.

"Chat Noir!" I yell, trying to get his attention. "What did I tell you about calling me Bugaboo?"  He looks down and laughs as he continues to ascent to the top of the Eiffel Tower. 
     "Stupid cat," I think, "He's being cute again.  Wait, what am I thinking?  I'm in love with Adrien, not Chat Noir!  Although, he has always noticed me.  No!  I can't be in love with Chat Noir!  Nope, not happening!" 

     I sigh in relief as Chat Noir comes down and hands me my yo-yo. 

     "Don't worry, M'lady," he says, "I'll always be there to catch you when you fall."  I must be blushing, because he grins in a mischievous manner.  "Oh, Bugaboo," he says as I feel myself blushing even harder,  "I love you,"

     I really want to kiss him, but I don't. 

     "What about Adrien?" says a voice inside my head as my face becomes an even darker shade of pink, "Don't I love him?  He's way better than Chat Noir."

     "But he never notices me," says a second voice, "Chat Noir has always noticed me,"

     "So has Luka," argues a third one, "But he loves me for the real me.  He loves Marinette.  Chat Noir loves Ladybug."

     I really can't decide.  I shake my head.

     "Come on, Kitty!  I think the akuma's in her notebook," I say, using my yo-yo to return to the top of the Eiffel Tower.

     The Author cackles when she sees us.  "So, the little bug and her sidekick came back for round two!"  she says.

"Lucky Charm!" I call, tossing my yo-yo into the air. When the yo-yo comes back down again, a rope comes down with it.

"Oh, yeah," Chat Noir says, "That should be very useful, My Lady." I ignore him and tie a difficult knot. He gives me a confused look.

"Chat," I say, "Do I really need to explain this to you? I'm making a lasso!"

He laughs. "Of course, Bugaboo," he says, "You always get us out of the trickiest situations."

I finish the knot and swing the lasso around. The Author simply creates another monster, which I lasso. I quickly grab my yo-yo with my other hand and tie up the villain. "Cataclysm!" Chat yells. He uses his Cataclysm on the notebook, and the akuma flies out, just as I had expected.

"No more evildoing for you, little akuma," I say, "Time to de-evilize!" I use my yo-yo to capture the akuma. "Gotcha!" I whisper as I catch it. I release the butterfly and begin to run.

     "Miraculous Ladybug!" I yell, throwing my lasso into the air.  I continue to run.

"Ladybug, wait!" Chat cries. I turn around. "I love you." he says, his eyes watering.

"Chat, I love somebody else. We've been over this." I whisper.

But do I love Adrien? Who do I love, anyway?

.............................................................................

Hey, guys! Sorry I haven't updated lately. I'll try to update more frequently from here on out. I hope you enjoyed my 3rd chapter! Have a purrfect day!