Chapter Twelve - A Bigger Problem

(Adrien's P.O.V.)

     "Adrien, I'm hungry," Plagg whines, "Can I have Camembert?  I need gooey cheese."

     "Alright, Plagg," I say, opening the cabinet I store his cheese in.  I take out a slice of Camembert and give it to Plagg, who immediately devours it.

     "How do you eat that stuff?" I ask, disgusted.

     "Are you kidding?  Camembert is the best thing on Earth!" Plagg exclaims, flying around my head.

"Adrien!" I hear someone say from behind me. I turn around and see Blind Stylus, but she isn't alone. This time, she's with a sentimonster. It's a golden horse that shines so brightly I can't look at it without squinting.

"Adrien, meet Sunspot," she says with a smirk, "Sunspot, this is the kid I told you about.  No, not the blogger.  He's the one I wanna kill."

     I scream and run in the opposite direction.  I just went from number one one her "To Blind List" to number one on her "Must Kill" list.

     After I'm far away from her, Plagg pops out of my jacket.  "You've got a serious problem, kid," he says with a smirk.

     "I know," I say, "Plagg, claws out!"

     I take a turn and crash straight into Viperion, who falls back, causing Rena Rouge, Pegasus, and Carapace to fall.

     "I'm sorry," I say as I stand up, "I should've watched where I was going.  Are you four okay?"

     "Yes, Chat Noir, we're fine," says Viperion.

     "Who asked for your help?  Was it Ladybug?" I ask.

     "No," says Rena, shaking her head.

     "It was her kwami," Pegasus whispers.

     "H-H-Her kwami?  I-It was Tikki?  W-Where's Ladybug?" I stutter.

     "Us dudes don't know where Ladybug is," says Carapace, "But I think Rena Rouge knows something we don't."

     "I do not!" Rena screams.  Pegasus immediately covers her mouth.

     "Shh!" he whispers, "You'll give away our location."  Everyone begins to run, but Blind Stylus jumps out, and Sunspot creates a dome around me and the boys.  Rena, though, is left alone.

     "Where do you think you're going?" Blind Stylus yells, twirling her pencil so that the eraser is facing us, "You're such cowards that you run in fear when I arrive."

     The four of us slowly back into a circle, and I poke my stick through the dome.  It turns into ashes, and I jump back.

     "How are you gonna get out of this?  Do you wanna tell me?  You can't win!  I have you under my thumb!" she says.

     "Blind Stylus, how did this happen?  Didn't Rouge Bug de-akumatize you?" Rena asks.

     "I lost control again, what do you think?" she says, still pointing her eraser at me.  She moves her arm slightly, and I jump back.  "Relax, Chat Noir, I'm not gonna kill you.  That would be too good for you, and for Paris.  I'm gonna erase your Miraculous from history!" Blind Stylus says with an evil grin.  She points her pencil at me, and before she shoots a beam, the akuma and amuck fly out of her pencil and earrings.  The dome around us disappears.

     "Mari!" Rena cries, running over to her, "What happened?"

     "Rena, did I lose control again?" Marinette asks.

     "Yes, I'm afraid you did, but it's alright," Rena tells her.

     Marinette shakes her head.  "No, it's not!" she screams.  She runs off, leaving nothing behind but her pencil.

     "Come on, dude, we need to get home," says Carapace, trying to break the silence.

     "Yeah, I guess you're right," I say, "Goodbye, Carapace."

     "Goodbye, dude," Carapace says.

     With that, I extend my stick and head home.