Chapter Six - Idiot

(Adrien's P.O.V.)

"Great going, you idiot. Have fun today during class. You're parters with Marinette, remember?" Plagg whispers.

"Oh, crap!" I say as Marinette walks in.
"Oh, no! Plagg's right, we are partners. Oh, I am so dead! Wait... Is Alya looking at me? She looks really mad," I think. She gives me the stink eye and slams a note on my desk. It simply says, "Meet me in the alley by the school during lunch break. No excuses, Agreste."

I gulp. She really is going to kill me.

"Alright, class," says Ms. Bustier, "Sit with your partners. I need you all to work on your dragon project. Now, I'll remind you all of your partners. Juleka is with Rose, Alix is with Kim, Sabrina is with Chloé, Max is with Lila, Ivan is with Mylène, Alya is with Nino, and Adrien is with Marinette. No trading partners."

I slowly walk towards Marinette. She looks at me, scowls, and continues to work on her project.

     I sigh.  I feel so bad for Marinette, but I love Ladybug. I am trying to get over her, but I'm not there yet. And maybe I do love Marinette!

"Why did I reject her?" I think.

     Marinette interrupts my thoughts.  "Adrien, I can't do this project on my own," she says coldly.  Obviously, she isn't too happy about being rejected.

     "Mari, I'm really sorry."  I say.

      She cuts my apology short and stands up.  She slams her fist on the desk and looks me straight in the eye.

      "Don't call me Mari!  In fact, don't call me anything!"  she screams. 

     Ms. Bustier turns to us.  "Marinette, go to the principal's office right now!" she yells.

      Everyone in our class immediately falls silent.  Ms. Bustier has never yelled before, and Marinette has always been her favorite student.

     Her eyes are filled with tears, and I hear a slight flapping in the distance.  An akuma! 

     In my panic, I say, "Please, Ms. Bustier, I made her lose her temper.  It's my fault she screamed like that."

     Ms. Bustier pays no attention to my outburst.  "Go, Marinette." she says harshly, pointing to the door.

She begins to cry as she runs out, and she slams the door behind her. Alya glares at me and rushes out without bothering to ask if she can leave the class.

Ms. Bustier turns to us and calmly says, "Now, back to your project. Remember that they're due in three weeks!"

I look out the window.  I can't spot an akuma.

     She wasn't too upset.  Otherwise, I would have spotted an akuma. 

     "But, then again, what if the akuma had already gotten in?  Crap!  I should apologize..." I think.

     "Adrien, work on your project!" Ms. Bustier says.

      I nod and begin researching.  Surely the akuma can wait, right?