Chapter Nine - Trapped

Shoutout to @broskiiboiis for appreciating my Chat Noir pun in "Author's Note"!!!!!!

.............................................................................

(Marinette's P.O.V.)

     "Alya, come here," I say.

     She cautiously steps forward.

     It isn't long before the old me starts to fight back.  "No, don't do it!  She was always there for me.  Please, no!"

     "Alya, you know I can't hurt you," I whisper.

     Everything goes blurry, and my entire body feels like it's burning.  I fall to the ground in pain, and I can feel the whole class staring at me.

     "Alya, help... Me..." I manage to whisper.

     "No, Blind Stylus, you need to blind everyone to cause chaos!  We don't know who Ladybug or Chat Noir are, so now we must blind them as civilians," says Hawk Moth.

     "But Alya runs the LadyBlog.  She can't be Ladybug," I whisper so that nobody else can hear me.

     "I guess you're right.  Fine.  You may spare the blogger.  Now, do your job."

     "Yes, Hawk Moth," I say as I stand up.

     I turn toward Adrien.  "Adrien Agreste, the boy blinded by his love for Lila Rossi, not even paying attention to her awful personality," I say, kicking Lila.  I laugh as she cries out in pain.

     Nino jumps in front of Adrien.  "Hey, leave the dude alone!" he yells, "He didn't do anything to you!"

     The room goes silent.  Even the old me says, "Yeah, go ahead.  He witnessed my rejection ."

     I pick him up by the neck, and he starts gasping for air.

Alix begins screaming for me to stop, while Alya slowly steps back into the crowd.

"Never say that to me again!" I scream, throwing him against the wall.

"Nino!" Alya screams, rushing over to him.

"Let that teach you to question Blind Stylus," I say as I point the pencil at Adrien and watch the beam hit him.

Alya looks at me. "What did you just do?" she screams.

I look away, unable to meet her eyes.

     "He deserves it, Alya." I whisper.

     She shakes her head.  "No, he doesn't.  Nobody deserves that.  Nobody!" she shrieks. 

     She makes a run for the door, and I don't make an attempt to stop her.  Instead, I grab Adrien and climb out the window.  I already know where I'm going.  I'm going straight to the Eiffel Tower.

     When I get there, I am greeted by a girl in a red and black suit, almost identical to mine.  The only difference is her black hood.

     "Hey, Blind Stylus, right?" she says, "I'm Rouge Bug, and I'm going to be nice here.  I really don't want to fight you.  Give me your pencil."

     "You're not the one to be making bargains, Rouge Bug," I say, my grip tightening on both my pencil and Adrien.

     She shakes her head and frowns.  "Well, I tried," she says as she rushes toward me, swinging her yo-yo.

     I dodge her and proceed to hold Adrien over the edge of the Eiffel Tower.

     "Now, Rouge Bug, give me your Miraculous or he dies!" I yell.  Crowds are gathering to watch this event.

     "What do you think you're doing, Blind Stylus?  Get her Miraculous!" says Hawk Moth.

     "It's called bribery, Hawk Moth," I say, continuing to hold Adrien over the edge, "I spare the kid's life in exchange for her earrings.  She'll surely accept the deal.  You've made this more difficult than it actually is."

     "She won't do that!  Put the kid down and get her Miraculous!" he yells.

     "Why do you care about him, anyway?  He's just a stupid model.  That's it."
     "What do you mean by that?"
     "Adrien almost never gets attacked.  I wonder why."
     "That is none of your concern."
     "Tell me or I'll drop him."
     "Fine!  I know him personally.  That's all the information you get."
     "Gabriel Agreste."
     "What?"
     "You're Gabriel Agreste, aren't you?
     "I will remove your powers!"
     "If you do that, he dies."
     "Alright, you guessed it.  I am, in fact, Gabriel Agreste."
     "Then how did you become akumatized?"
     "You still remember that?  That was embarrassing.  My outfit was awful."
     "I can list every akuma attack to date.  Stoneheart, Bubbler, Mr. Pigeon...  Need I go on?"
     "Just get her Miraculous."
     "Yes, Hawk Moth."

     I leave Adrien behind and begin shooting bears from my pencil at Rouge Bug, and somebody jumps in front of her, using his pole as a shield. 

     "King Monkey?" I yelp, "No matter.  You'll be blinded soon enough."

     "Uproar!" he yells, throwing his pole into the air.  He throws a rubber banana at me, and it hits my leg.

     Adrien can apparently see again, and he runs away.  I continue to fight Rouge Bug and King Monkey, shooting beams at them.

     "Blind Stylus, what a cataclysmic situation  you've generated.  It's fine though.  We'll fix it, Princess."

     I only know one person who calls me Princess.  Chat Noir.