Chapter Twenty-Two - All Your Fault

(Adrien's P.O.V.)

     One by one, I remove each Miraculous from the collapsed victim of my destructive powers.  Her outfit vanishes, and her true form makes me drop the Miraculous I'm holding.  It's Marinette!

     "No, no, no, no, no!" I scream, shaking Marinette, "Princess, please wake up.  I'm so sorry, Mari.  Please wake up!"

     Sass pops up.  "What did you do, Chat?" he says.

     The purple butterfly appears over my eyes.  "Chat Blanc, it's just a teenage girl.  Would you calm down?" says Hawk Moth.

     I scream in frustration.  "My Princess is dying!  This is all your fault.  If you hadn't akumatized me, she would be okay!" I yell.

     "Chat Blanc, what are you doing?" he says as I take out the akumatized object, my stick.

A pink-haired girl in a ladybug-themed outfit lands next to me just as I break the stick. She captures the akuma that had been inside, and I am brought back to just plain old Chat Noir.

She, since she hadn't used her Lucky Charm, throws her yo-yo into the air. I watch the swirl of Ladybugs fix everything and everyone I had done damage to, including...

"Marinette!" I yell, hugging her.  She hugs me back, and I feel very, very happy.

     "Chat," she says, "What happened?"

     "Well, I'm sorry, Princess.  But you might want these back," I say, picking up the Miraculous and handing them to her, "You know, to return to Ladybug?"

     She takes them and says, "You know, I think I only need one to get back to her," she says, sliding on the mouse necklace, "Mullo, get squeaky!"  I watch her transform, and I have to admit, her transformation sequence is somehow much better than my Sailor Moon magical girl transformation.

     The ladybug hero looks at me.  "Well, Chat, I assume you can get home on your own?" she says.  I nod, and she walks off.

     Multimouse shoves the Miraculous in her pocket and runs off, leaving me alone.

      I notice a purple drone on the way home, and I ignore it.

...

Just as I approach my street, the drone flies away. For a moment, I wonder just how much it saw, but I shake off the odd feeling in my gut.

I climb in through the window and say, "Claws in." Plagg pops out of my ring.

"Kid, I would say you messed up, but I think you already know that," says Plagg.

     "Yeah, yeah, I know, Plagg," I say.

     "Well, if you want my advice, I would just visit her again, without getting akumatized this time," he says as he opens the drawer where I keep his Camembert.

     "Shut up, Plagg."
     "We're outta Camembert."
     "What?  I just restocked it while you were eating!"
     "I haven't eaten any since you went to visit Marinette!"
     "Liar!"
     "Adrien, I swear on the Black Cat Ring that I haven't eaten it!"

     "Whatever," I mutter, sitting on my bed.  I pull out my diary and begin writing.

     Dear Diary,

     I was akumatized today.  I almost killed Marinette.  Luckily, a pink-haired girl that appeared to have Ladybug's Miraculous fixed everything, and my Princess was healed.  I have to admit, it's kinda odd that whenever Marinette is in serious trouble, Ladybug is busy.  I wonder...

     Ladybug said we can't know each other's identities, so I shouldn't keep thinking about this.  After all, if I did figure it out, I would have to give up my Miraculous, and I'd never get to see Plagg again.  My only hope is that someday I'll know who she is without having to give up my Miraculous.

     Modeling is going well.  I've had lots of photo shoots.  The only problem is that Lila is at like half of them!  I hate Liela.  She's always so cruel to Marinette.  In fact, sometimes I think she might be working for Hawk Moth, but she would never stoop that low, right?

     I have to go.  Until next time!

                                                        -Adrien

     I close my diary and head to dinner without even thinking to hide it.