Chapter Twenty-Eight - Promise

(Adrien's P.O.V.)

     I jump in front of Multifox just as Amethyst is about to deliver the final blow.

     "What are you supposed to be?  Some sort of snake-turtle hybrid?" says Amethyst, "Well, come at me.  You don't stand a chance."  Her voice is cold and emotionless.  This definitely isn't the Alya we know.

     "Second Chance!" I say, activating my power.  She runs off, and me and Multifox follow her.  She runs into Alix's house, but we don't see her come out.

     "Multifox and what's-his-face, you have one hour to hand over your Miraculous.  If you don't... Well... Let's just say your little daredevil friend here is gonna try skydiving without a parachute," says Amethyst.  We run to the Eiffel Tower, and sure enough, Amethyst is watching over Alix, who is tied up.

     "Hey, dudes," someone says behind us.

     I spin on my heel and see someone who appears to have the monkey Miraculous. He looks kind of like...

"Nino?" I whisper.

"Yeah, you got it, dude. Alya and I were coming to save you guys, but then this just kids happened. She told me to run for it. I thought you guys were captured by Hawk Moth. How did you escape, anyway?" he says.

     "He let us go," says Multifox, "He was afraid that she would destroy all of Paris."

     "What about that horse?" says Nino.

     "It's a sentimonster," says Multifox, "In fact, it can travel in any environment, trap enemies inside of a dome, and even..."

     "Multifox, focus!" I say.

"Come on, can't I brag, Jade Aspik?" she says.

"No."
"Please?"
"No means no."
"Fine. Can I at least use one of my powers?"

"You may have to use both of them" I whisper, "Amethyst is still holding Alix prisoner. We need to get her to safety before we worry about Amethyst. Multifox, climb up the Eiffel Tower and use your Multitude to shrink down and untie the ropes. As for how you're going to get up there, use your Mirage."

She nods and takes out her flute. She plays a bit of music and yells, "Mirage!"

The illusions all run in different directions, and even I can't tell which direction she's going in.

     Amethyst looks confused too.  I watch Multifox grab Alix and rush away. 

"Why didn't you use your Multitude?" I yell.

"Calm down, Jade Aspik. I didn't feel like I had to," she says, "And I need you two to cover for me while I take Alix to grab her Miraculous."  She swings away, leaving me and Nino to defend ourselves.

(Marinette's P.O.V.)

     I enter my room using the trapdoor and place my hand on the center of the Miracle Box.  Alix and I watch as it opens to reveal all the Miraculous. 

     She snatches the bunny pocket watch. 

     "You're Alix, right?" says Fluff, "Nice to meet you."

"Hey, Fluff, it's been a while. You probably wouldn't remember the last time we met, though, because that was the future you," says Alix. 

     Fluff gives her a confused look.  "Now, to transform, you just say..." she starts to say.

     "Fluff, clockwise!" Alix yells.  She transforms, then plays with the bunny ears.

     "Come on, Bunnix," I say, "We have some work to do."

     She nods and follows me to the Eiffel Tower where Jade Aspik and DJ Monkey are waiting for us.

      Amethyst is flying over Paris searching for me.  If she finds me, it won't end well.

"Multitude!" I whisper. I shrink and multiply.

Bunnix chuckled as she picked one of my clones up. "Aww, look! You're so tiny and cute!" she says. The clone whips Bunnix's finger with her jump rope, and Bunnix drops her.

     "Quit playing around, Bunnix," I say, "I don't have long before I transform back.  Can you get me up to Amethyst?"

     She nods and says, "Burrow!"  We all jump in, and she leads us to a portal where Amethyst is standing.  It must only be a few seconds into the future, because she's still in the last place we saw her. 

     Me and my clones climb out of the portal and jump on Amethyst.  We remove her ring, and she falls.  I grow again and catch her.

     When we get to ground, Rouge Bug hugs me.  "Thank you, Mari," she says.  Hawk Moth approaches us.

     "Yes, Marinette, thank you," he says, grabbing the earrings.  I start to de-transform as he runs off, and I panic.

     "Jade Aspik," I scream, "Get the earrings back!"  He throws his harp, knocking the earrings out of Hawk Moth's hand.  DJ Monkey pins him to the ground.

     I slide in the earrings, and then I say, "Hawk Moth, I'll let you keep your Miraculous on the condition that you will never again use it for evil."

     He nods in agreement, and DJ Monkey lets him go.  The akuma and amuck are released, and I realize that I never did use my sentimonster, nor did Adrien use the powers Hawk Moth has given him.

     As we watch Hawk Moth walk away, Adrien and Nino give Alya a hug as well, and then they help her to stand.  We walk toward the bakery, knowing that if Hawk Moth keeps his promise, there won't be any chaos for a long time.

.............................................................................

Hey, guys!  I had Writer's Block, so if I took a while, I'm sorry.  Only a few chapters left until the sequel!