Chapter Fifteen - Lesson Learned

(Marinette's P.O.V.)

The purple bubbles surround me.  This time, I know better.  "Tikki, spots on!" I say.  She flies into my earrings just as I am lifted up into the air. I wait patiently until I am trapped in the thorn prison, and then say "Spots off."

     Tikki flies out of my earrings and looks around. "Marinette, why did you transform back? You could've gotten out of here!" she exclaims, flying through the air.

     "Sorry, Tikki," I say, "This time I want Chat Noir to save me.  Wouldn't that be super romantic?"

     She shakes her head.  "Marinette, listen to yourself.  You can't just decide you love him.  Plus, I doubt he likes you back," she says.

     "He likes Ladybug, doesn't he?" I say, looking through one of the cracks in the prison.  Chat Noir is currently fighting Weredad, and I start feeling butterflies in my stomach. 

     "Marinette, haven't you noticed his decrease in flirting?  I think he's gotten over Ladybug," Tikki whispers, a hint of caution in her voice.

     I think back on the past few weeks, and realize that Tikki is right.  "Maybe he loves the real me," I argue, not wanting to admit that he no longer loves Ladybug.

     She sighs and hugs my cheek. "Marinette, I'm not saying you shouldn't follow your heart, but we really need to get out of here," she says.

I'm about to transform when I hear Chat Noir calling my name. "Princess," he yells, "Princess, where are you?"

     I run in the direction of his voice.  "I'm over here, Chat!  I'm over here!" I reply, yelling at the top of my lungs.

     We keep yelling back and forth as if we were playing a game of Marco Polo.  It has been a half an hour when we crash into each other.

     "S-sorry, Chat, I-I didn't mean to c-crash into you l-like that.  I hope y-you're okay," I stutter.  I can feel myself blushing.

     "I'm fine, Princess.  Besides, I crashed into you, so I should be the one asking you if you're okay," he says.

     "I'm fine, Chat.  Can you please get me out of here?" I say, trying to keep from stuttering.

     "Why of course, Mademoiselle," he says, reaching for the rose.

     A few minutes later, we're falling, and Chat Noir is using his stick to carry me and my father to safety.

     When we reach the ground, Mom rushes up to me.  "Sweetie, are you alright?" she whispers, glaring at Dad, "I swear one of these days I'm gonna kill Hawk Moth."

     "Mom, it's okay," I say.  Chat lets go of me and flees into the darkness. I sigh, and walk up to my room, not even paying attention to the drone that is floating above my loft.