Chapter Four and A Half - Akuma

(Lila's P.O.V.)

"Miss Rossi, I will not be disappointed again, correct?" says the man on the other side of the line.

"Did I disappoint you the first time, sir? You ditched the opportunity to check on your secretary. Did you not?" I ask.
"Yes, I apologize. I've made sure that Adrien is late to school. You need to ask him if he's going to the dance. He'll say he'll have to ask me, his father. I need you to tell the baker girl and the mayor's daughter that he will be taking you."
"And will you, once again, keep your promise if I succeed again?"
"I intend to, Miss Rossi. In fact, I'll even consider letting you use the peacock Miraculous when Nathalie falls ill."
"But isn't it dangerous to use? Isn't that how Nathalie got sick?"
"Yes, but you will rarely have the opportunity to use it."
"I guess it is a Miraculous. You have yourself a deal, sir."
"I just received word from Nathalie that she just dropped Adrien off at school. He will be up there in a few minutes."
"Excuse me, sir, but I have a question."
"What is it, Miss Rossi?"
"What will you do with the Miraculous of Ladybug and Chat Noir? Once you have them, anyway."
"That is none of your concern, Miss Rossi. Goodbye."
"Goodbye, sir."

I hang up just as Adrien walks in.  I get kind of nervous as I slide my phone into my bag.  What if this doesn't work?

     "Oh, h-hi Adrien," I say, "What's new?  Are you going to the dance?" The model tenses up.

"I don't know, Lila, I'll have to ask my father. I think I already know who I'm bringing, though," he tells me.

I smile. This is going just as Hawk Moth planned it.

"You'll have your prey soon enough, Hawk Moth. The prey that you've been chasing for so long," I think. Together, me and Adrien walk out of the locker room.

     I walk in behind Adrien, hoping for the best.  Marinette walks up to Adrien, and I stroll back to my seat.  I zone out on her little love confession until I hear the very end.

      "Will you go to the dance with me?"  Marinette asks.  I shake my head.  The poor girl has no idea what's coming her way.

     "I'm sorry, Marinette, but I love somebody else," says Adrien.  I can't believe my ears.  This is more perfect than I imagined.

     Just to tick her off, I stand up and say, "I'm so sorry, Marinette, but he wants to take me to the dance."

Her eyes are watering, and she runs off, slamming the door behind her.  I manage to sneak out. I dash to the locker room and call Hawk Moth.

"What is it, Miss Rossi?" he asks.
"I've done it. Send your akuma to the school." I whisper. I quickly hang up and run back to the classroom.