Chapter Twenty-One - Overwhelmed

(Marinette's P.O.V.)

     I watch Chloé hit the ground, unable to do anything.  I'm tangled in my spinning top and yo-yo, and I struggle to get free.  Chat Blanc approaches me.

      "Looks like you failed, Miss Honey Bug.  It appears Ladybug sent the wrong person," he says, "I wonder why Fu picked her as guardian, although that isn't really related to this victory."

     I manage to get free, and I run for my life.  Chat follows, but he gets distracted when he sees Lila sneaking away.  I manage to escape, but just barely. 

     I arrive at the bakery and say, "Pollen divide! Spots off!"

     Pollen flies out of my comb.  "My Queen, thank you for this honor," she says.

      I nod and place my hand on the center spot of the Miracle Box, and it open immediately.  I watch the Miraculous pop out of the box from all directions, and I carefully set the comb back in it's rightful place.  Then, I take three jewels: The snake bracelet, the mouse necklace, and the horse glasses.  The kwamis connected to them fly out one by one, and Sass is the first to speak.

     "Marinette, don't you think you're using too many Miraculous?" he says.

     "Chat Noir's been akumatized, Sass," I say, "I can't have too many!"

     The kwamis are shocked.  "Marinette, what happened?" says Mullo.

     "He got kind of upset about Adrien rejecting me and he just got akumatized!" I say, taking off the Ladybug earrings. "They'll be safer here," I think as I set them on my desk.

     "How are you gonna break the ring without Cataclysm?" says Kalkii, "I'd love to hear this."

     "Well, Kalkii, you have a point," I say as I take the monkey headband and close the box.

     "Well, what are you waiting for, Master?" says Xuppo.

     "Xuppo, showtime! Xuppo, Kalkii, Sass, Mullo, unify!" I say.

     I'm immediately overwhelmed by the power, and I stumble back.  Yet, at this point, I needed all the extra powers I could get.  I look at the fox necklace in my pocket.  Surely just one more Miraculous wouldn't hurt?

     I slide on the pendant and merge the fox pendant with the other Miraculous I am currently wearing.

     I head back to the Eiffel Tower just in time to save Lila, who Chat had just dropped off the edge.

     "Thank you," she says as I untie her.

     "Don't even start it, Lila," I say, "Just go and hide.  Maybe Chat Blanc won't find you."

     "What's your name?" she asks me.  I have to think about it for a minute.

     "Solaria," I tell her, "Call me Solaria."

She runs away, and I turn around to see Chat running toward me with one of his Cataclysms.

I don't even have the time to dodge it before I feel unbearable pain, and I black out.