Chapter Two - M'Lady

(Adrien's P.O.V.)

     "Kid, come here!" Plagg yells.  I rush over, homework in hand.  "Plagg, what's wrong?"  I ask.  I turn towards the TV, and I see that Plagg has turned on the news. I turn up the volume and listen in.

"Paris is under attack again," says Nadja, "This time we are threatened by The Author, an evil villain that can make anything she writes become reality! We are counting on Ladybug and Chat Noir to save us. Ladybug is already at the scene, but where is Chat Noir?"

     I turn off the TV. "Kid, can I have cheese?" Plagg asks. I roll my eyes. "Plagg, we need to help Ladybug," I say, "Plagg, claws out!"

      I rush toward the Eiffel Tower, staff in hand.  Ladybug spots me and smiles.  The Author seems to wonder why she's smiling, and the villain turns her head towards me!  I use my stick to boost myself to the top of the Eiffel Tower, and I join My Lady's side in battle.

     "You certainly took your time, Chaton," she says as she wraps her yo-yo around the monsters that The Author is creating. I laugh nervously. "Crap," I think, "She's gonna kill me when we're done fighting this akuma..."

"Come on, Chaton," she says impatiently, "I don't think I can defeat her on my own."

The Author laughs. "So, the almighty Ladybug can't get my akuma without her trusty feline sidekick?" she says playfully.

My face goes red. If there's one thing I hate most, it's being called a sidekick. "I am not her sidekick!" I yell as I run at The Author, "I'm her partner. There's a difference. Speaking of which, we make a purrfect pair, wouldn't you agree?" Ladybug blushes, and then realizes what she's doing. She quickly punches me in the arm.

"Ow," I whine, "What was that for?" She sighs. "You know exactly what that was for, Kitty," she scolds, using her yo-yo as a shield.

"Get behind me, Kitty."
"What? Why?"
"Did I stutter?"

I jump behind her. She looks like she wants to punch me again, so I go into a defensive position. I close my eyes, bracing for impact, but the punch never comes. I hear the yo-yo stop, and then I hear a high-pitched scream. I quickly rush to the edge of the Eiffel Tower to see Ladybug falling. Her yo-yo is by my feet, meaning she can't stop herself.

"My Lady!" I scream, jumping off the Eiffel Tower. I catch her, and then I reach for my staff. Together, we slowly descend to safer grounds.

"Thank you, Kitty," she says, "But now I need my yo-yo to use my lucky charm!"

"No problem, Bugaboo. I'll get your yo-yo." I say. As I ascend, I can hear her screaming at me.

"Chat Noir, what did I tell you about calling me Bugaboo?" she scolds. I just laugh and continue to go upwards. I love her so much.