Chapter Twenty-Three - Constellations

(Marinette's P.O.V.)

     I set the Miraculous back in the box as Tikki flies in.  I take the earrings from her and put them in.

     "Marinette, are you okay?" says Tikki, "You shouldn't have become Solaria under the circumstances.  You could've died, and Hawk Moth would've had a mini army of Miraculous wielders!"

     "I know, Tikki, I know, but I had to do it!  Imagine if I hadn't!" I say.

     I hear a knock on my trapdoor and I climb up to open it.  Chat is sitting on the balcony with a red rose in his hand, and I climb up to sit next to him.

     "Hey, Princess," he says with a smile, "Glad to see you're still up.  Would you like to go to the Eiffel Tower?  We can try to find some constellations."

     "That sounds nice, Chat," I say.  He hands me the rose, and I blush.

     "Well, then, Princess, let's go," he says, picking me up and carrying me to the Eiffel Tower.

...

     We arrive, and he sets me down gently.

     We both lie on our backs, and I immediately spot the Big Dipper.

     "Look, Chat, I found one!" I exclaim as I point to it, "It's the Big Dipper, do you see it?  There's the handle."

     He gives me a surprised Pikachu face.  "How did you find it so fast?" he asks me.

     "Well, I normally can't, but it was easier tonight, now that it's clearer," I tell him.

     We lay there for a very long time, pointing out constellations.

...

     I look at my watch and I jump in surprise.  It's almost midnight!

     "Chat, I should probably get going," I say, showing him my watch.

     "Alright, Princess, should I walk you home?" he asks me. 

     "No, Chat, it's really late out.  I would hate to keep you up longer," I say.  He grabs me by the waist and takes me down to ground, and the two of us walk our separate ways.  I watch him fade into the darkness, his black suit blending in perfectly with his surroundings.

     I'm almost to the bakery when I feel something hit me on the head.  The last thing I hear before blacking out is a female voice that I can almost recognize.

     "Don't worry, Marinette, you're going to be fine.  We won't hurt you."

     That's when it hit me.  I was being kidnapped.

.............................................................................

Hey, guys!  Sorry for the short chapter, I'll try to make it longer next time (it will be trust me)!