Chapter Twenty-Seven - Trusting Enemies

(Adrien's P.O.V.)

     "Adrien!" I can hear Hawk Moth yelling, even though I can't see him.  He rushes toward me, appearing to be holding something.  "Adrien, listen to me.  I need your help," he says.

     I give him a look of disgust.  "Why would I help you?  You are the reason this is happening.  You are a monster, Hawk Moth!  Don't you see that?  All you've caused is chaos.  You take advantage of people.  You have done nothing that was actually good.  You're my enemy.  So, Hawk Moth, tell me, why should I help you?" I yell. 

     "Listen, Adrien.  Alya, the blogger, has achieved ultimate power by combining the ladybug and black cat Miraculous.  I can feel her fear.  She's trapped," he says, "Now, I know what I've done, but all of Paris will be destroyed if we don't stop her!" he hands me the snake bracelet and the turtle bracelet.

     "I told her to only use that handprint for emergencies!" Marinette yells.

     Hawk Moth unlocks the chains holding me down, and then we walk over to Marinette.

     "You've lost your mind if you think I'm going to help you, Gabriel," says Marinette.

     "Did you not hear what I just said to Adrien?  Your friend is in trouble, Miss Dupain-Cheng.  I'm going to try to help," says Hawk Moth as he places two pendants in her hand, "But I'll need you."

     She slides on the pendants and waits as Hawk Moth unlocks her chains.  As soon as she stands up, she says, "Mullo, get squeaky!"  Pink light fills the room for a second, and when the light is gone, Multimouse is standing there.  "Mullo, Trixx, unify!" she yells.

Multifox and I stand there for a moment looking at each each other before I say, "Go on ahead."

.............................................................................

(Marinette's P.O.V.)

     "Wait!" says Mayura, "You'll need the help of one of my sentimonsters.  There is no way you'll be able to fight your friend without assistance."  The amuck goes into my jump rope, and I look at Mayura.  "You can create whatever you want," she says.

     "Anything?" I repeat, looking at the floating blue sphere in front on me.

     "Just imagine it," she says.

     I close my eyes, and the first thing that comes to my mind is my horse from when I was akumatized, Sunspot.  From there, I give the horse new abilities, along with a new appearance.

     When I'm finished, a gray and orange Pegasus stands before me.  I watch her fly around before landing at my side.  I hop on her back and fly away.

     The minute I leave the mansion, I can see Amethyst.  She sees me, too, and flies toward me.  I didn't know having the ultimate power could allow you to fly, so this surprises me a bit.

     She reaches out and grabs me by the neck.  "You can't stop me, fool.  I think I'll use you as an example," she says, throwing me to the ground.  I try to stand, but I fall down again.  She laughs.  "You're pathetic," she says.

     This isn't Alya, and there's nothing I can do to stop her.  I need a miracle.