Chatper Thirty-Two - A Great Honor

(Lila's P.O.V.)

I watch the dancing from aside. Adrien twirls Marinette, and she laughs a bit. Marinette never deserved him, though, and she never will deserve him. I reach into my pocket and look at the drone remote control. On my drones, I have proof that Chat Noir doesn't have a weakness for Ladybug. He has a weakness for Marinette.

I had been unable to catch anything at first. Then I caught a loving glance, or a hug. After that, I caught them at the Eiffel Tower.

"Yes," I think, "Chat Noir, or Adrien, definitely loves Marinette."

While I'm lost in thought, Gabriel pulls me aside and hands me a box.

"Take good care of this, Miss Rossi. Open it with Chloé in the alley beside this banquet hall," he says. I slide the box in my purse and rush outside.

     "Oh, good, you're here," says Chloé, "The suspense is killing me."

     "We open them on three," I say, "One...  Two...  Three."

     We open the boxes in perfect unison, and blue and purple lights surround us.  I jump back, but Chloé is unfazed by the lights.

     "Lila?" I hear her say.

     "What?" I reply.

     "I think they gave us their Miraculous."
     "What?"
     "Yeah.  Look in your box."

     As the light begins to dim, I look at the contents of the box.  There is a purple brooch, and it looks similar to...

     "Hawk Moth's brooch?" I say, my voice barely above a whisper.

     "Yes, that's right," says a voice I recognize as Nooroo's, "This is the brooch of the butterfly."

     "Oh my gosh, Lila!" Chloé squeals, "Come and look at my cute little kwami!"

     I turn toward Chloé and see Duusu floating near her.

     "I got Mayura's brooch," she says.

     We pin on the Miraculous, and each kwami tells us what to do to transform.

     "Nooroo, dark wings rise!" I say.

     "Duusu, spread my feathers!" says Chloé.

     We look at each other's costumes, and I chuckle at Chloé's pale blue skin.

"This blue skin is ridiculous! Utterly ridiculous!" she yells.

I look down to see a long, dark purple dress that went to my ankles. I was also wearing black tights and boots to match. On my face, a could feel my mask, which was shaped like a butterfly. I look at my long hair, which had turned silver.

"Should we attack?" Chloé asks me.

"No. Let them enjoy their happily ever after for now. After all, it's Christmas Eve. We'll attack when they least expect it," I whisper.

With that, we de-transform and walk into the building.

What, you didn't think this was the end of the story, did you?