Chapter Nineteen - This Isn't You

(Marinette's P.O.V.)

     I must've fallen asleep, because when I open my eyes, Chat is standing in front of me, and I have a blanket over top of me.  This isn't the Chat I know, though.  He has a white suit and purple eyes.

     He seems to notice I'm awake.  "Hey, Princess," he says, "Glad to see you're awake."

     "Chat, what happened?" I say, shaking.

     "Well, Princess, let's just say I was feline pretty bad for you, and I know you said it wasn't my fault but deep down something tells me it was.  Now I'm Chat Blanc, and I will keep you safe at all costs." he says.  That's when I notice I'm not at the Eiffel Tower anymore.  I'm in a bedroom.

     Chat sees me looking around.  "Do you like it?" he says.  "I told Hawk Moth I would do whatever he wanted me to if my Princess got a palace of her very own."

     I blush, and then I snap out of it.  "Chat, no!  This isn't you," I say.

     "Princess, I'm gonna leave for a bit," he says.

     "Chat, where are you going?" I ask him, trembling.

     "Well, Mari, hasn't Chloé hurt you in the past?  Hasn't Lila hurt you?  I'm gonna go teach them a lesson," he says. 

     "Chat, please stop this!" I yell.

     "Princess, I'm gonna teach them a little lesson," he says.  He jumps out the window, leaving me alone.

     Tikki pops out of the purse which has been sitting on my nightstand.  "Well, Marinette, looks like you've got yourself in a pretty bad situation, huh?" she says.

     "Yeah, Tikki, but how am I supposed to take him down if I can't leave this place?" I say, looking out the window.  That's when I notice that this isn't a palace.  It's a very tall tower.

      "Well, I guess he really didn't want you to leave," says Tikki, "After all, there's no doors or anything!  This appears to be the only window."

     "Perfect," I mutter, "So now I really can't escape and have him not think I'm Ladybug."

     "But you're gonna try, right?" she says.

     I shake my head.  "No, Chloé is responsible for a good ninety percent of Paris's akumatizations.  Lila can get cataclysmed for all I care," I say.

     "Marinette, no."
     "Tikki, please!  Chat's right, they deserve it."
     "Marinette, you're transforming if I have to make you."
     "Please.  You can't make me say the transformation words."
     "Who said I needed to make you?"
     "Well, it's the only way to transform me."

     She screams in frustration, and then she zooms into my earring.  I transform into Ladybug.

     "Spots off," I say.  Nothing happens.  "I said spots off!" I yell.  I remove my earrings, and she pops out.

     "Marinette, you really need to save them," she says.

     "I don't need to save anyone!" I yell.

     "Yeah, you do."
     "Nope!  No way!"
     "Marinette, seriously?"
     "Yes, seriously!"
     "Fine, then.  When Paris starts hating you because you didn't save them, don't blame me."
     "Why can't we just go get Rouge Bug?  I'm sure she'd do it."

     Tikki snatches the earrings out of my hand and flies off.  I sit down.  "What did I just do?" I think.  I hear a loud scream, which I immediately recognize due to hearing it over and over again.

     That's Chloé's scream, and it's coming from the direction of the Eiffel Tower.