Chapter Thirty - Mari Me

(Marinette's P.O.V.)

      "Are you ready to go, Mari?" says Adrien. 

     "Yeah, I'll be down in a minute.  You can head down," I say.

     As he walks down the stairs, I take a moment to look at the picture of me and my partners.  It has been six years since the last akuma attack.  I have been going to a local college for the arts, but Adrien has chosen to continue modeling. 

     My hand reaches out for the Miracle Box, but I pull back.  Some of the Miraculous are no longer in there.  Even though Hawk Moth is gone, we must always be prepared...

     "Marinette, come on!"

     Adrien's voice startles me, and I rush downstairs.  We get into his car, and we drive away.

     "Where are we going, Adrien?" I ask him.

     "You'll see, Bugaboo," he says.

     After driving for a few minutes, we reach our destination.  It's our old high school!

     We get out of the car and walk up the steps.  As soon as we're at the top, he gets down on one knee.

     He says, "Marinette Dupain-Cheng, I've loved you since the day our eyes first met.  I had always felt like I was missing a part of me, but ever since I met you, I've felt whole.  Will you make me the happiest cat ever and 'Mari' me?"

     I chuckle at the cute pun as he pulls out a diamond ring.  "Yes, I'll marry you, Kitty," I say.  I can't stop smiling as he slides the ring on my finger.  When we get back into the car, I pull out my phone and text Alya.

M: Hey, Alya!  You'll never believe what just happened.
A: What is it, Mari?
M: Adrien proposed!
A: WAIT WHAT?  PLEASE TELL ME YOU SAID YES.
M: Why would I say no?
A: Good point.  I'm so happy for you!
M: Thanks, Alya.
A: No problem.  Can I plan your wedding?
M: I can ask Adrien if that's okay.
A: I have to go.  Bye, Mari!
M: See ya later.

I put my phone down as we reach my house.

"Do you wanna go to the Eiffel Tower tomorrow, Bugaboo?" he asks me as I get out of the car.

"Sure, Kitty," I say.

...

     "I'm happy for you, Marinette," says Tikki as I climb into bed.

"Thanks, Tikki," I say.  "I still can't believe it!  Imagine if my fourteen-year-old self knew who I was going to get married to.  I'd be a complete mess!"

     Tikki chuckles.  "Well, we should go to bed," she says, "I expect Alya will call you tomorrow with some wedding plans."

     Tikki falls asleep next to me, and soon after, I fall asleep as well.