Chapter Eighteen - Late-Night Visit

Shoutout to @broskiiboiis for creating the cover art!
.............................................................................

(Adrien's P.O.V)

     "Well, kid, if you love her so much, just go talk to her," says Plagg, stuffing his mouth full of Camembert.

     "Not today, Plagg," I say.

     "Look, Adrien, I really think you should once I finish my Camembert," he says.

     "Fine," I say as Plagg finished eating, "Plagg, claws out!"

...

     I land on Marinette's balcony and knock on the trapdoor.  She opens it and seems surprised to see me.  "Hey, Princess," I say, "I know you've been akumatized twice today.  Do you wanna talk about it?"

     She nods.  "Well, there's this boy who I loved for a while.  His name is Adrien," she says softly.  The guilt I feel is like a slap across the face.  How could I do that to her?

     "Go on," I say, even though my guilt is starting to overwhelm me.

     "I confessed to him and asked him on a date, and he... He... He rejected me!  And for who, you might ask?  He wanted Lila!  He had already asked her!" she screamed.

     "That guy is pretty dumb," I say, knowing I am insulting myself.

     "No, he's perfect.  I'm the dumb one, Chat!  Don't you understand?  He's always kind and generous, and what am I?  I'm nothing!  Lila says she knows all these celebrities, but I know she doesn't!" she yells, throwing her arms in the air.

     "I'm really sorry, Marinette," I whisper as she bursts into tears.

     "You have nothing to be sorry for, Chat!  This is my fault.  I shouldn't have confessed my love!" she says.

     The guilt is swallowing me whole.  "Marinette, if you'd like, we can hang out at the Eiffel Tower.  Maybe that'll cheer you up," I say.

     "Thanks, Chat.  That would help," she says.

     I take her to her front door, and from there we walk to the Eiffel Tower.

...

     When we arrive, I use my stick to take us to one of the highest floors.  "Here we are, Princess," I say.  She smiles and sits down. 

     "Chat?" she says.

     "Y-Yeah?" I stutter.

     "Thank you so much for bringing me here.  Isn't it a beautiful night?" she says, her blue eyes sparkling.

     "Oh, yeah!  It is," I say.

     She leans on my shoulder, and I start blushing.  "But I can't do this to her," I think as the guilt kicks in again.

     When she's asleep, I loose control, and I start crying.  "I'm so stupid!" I think.  The next thing I know, I hear a voice.

     "Chat Blanc, I am Hawk Moth."