Chapter Eleven - Free At Last

(Marinette's P.O.V.)

     "Blind Stylus, grab his ring!  He's vulnerable!" Hawk Moth yells.

     I laugh and begin to slide the ring off of his finger.  Rouge Bug quickly grabs my pencil and snaps it in half.

     "No!" I scream, falling to my knees and de-transforming.  Unlike most, however, I still remember every bit of what happened.

     Rouge Bug runs over to me.  "Marinette!" she yells, "Are you alright?  Do you need any help getting home?"

     "I'm fine, Rouge Bug," I say, allowing her to help me up.

"I'll take her home, King Monkey," she tells him.

I look over Rouge Bug's shoulder and see Chat Noir lying on the ground. I have to admit, I kind of regret using his own Cataclysm to hurt him like that.

"Rouge Bug, what about the Miraculous Ladybugs?" I whisper as we start to walk away.

"Wait a minute," she says, "The akuma!"

"It's still flying away!" I yell.

She captures the akuma, and re-opens her yo-yo to reveal a beautiful white butterfly, which flies out.

"Miraculous Rouge Bug!" she yells, throwing her Lucky Charm into the air. I'm watching the usual swarm of ladybugs fix all the damage I had done as Blind Stylus when Rouge Bug picks me up and pulls me into an alley.

"Alya, I'm sorry," I say.

"Don't sweat it, girl," she says with a smile.

"Why did you bring me here?" I ask her.

"I brought you here to give you your Miraculous back, girl," she says, "Spots off."

     I watch Tikki fly out of the earring.  I smile, as I am happy to see her face.  My kwami hugs my cheek, and then slaps it. Alya looks surprised. Tikki really doesn't seem like the type of kwami that slaps people.

     "What was that for?" I ask, holding my cheek and putting on my earrings with my other hand, "That hurt!"

     "Marinette, I love you, you know I do, but why would you let your emotions get the better of you like that?  You almost killed Adrien!" Tikki exclaims, throwing her arms up in the air.

     "I know, I did some awful things.  Can't you just forgive and forget?" I whisper, still holding my cheek.

     "Fine," she says, flying into my bag.

     Halfway home, she's still muttering things such as "Dishonor," or "Forgive and and forget, forgive and forget..."

     When I get home, Mom and Dad immediately rush up to me.

     "Marinette, we saw that there was an akuma attack at your school!" Dad says, hugging me tightly.

     "Are you alright?" Mom asks me.

     "Well, yeah, Mom, I'm fine.  You can't be attacked if you're the attacker," I tell her without thinking.

     Mom freezes up, and Dad lets go of me.

     "Y-You were t-the a-attacker?" Mom stammers.

     "Yes," I say. 

     "What happened?" Dad asks me.

     "My crush rejected me..." I say before bursting with tears.

     "Honey, please don't cry," says Mom, "You'll attract another akuma, or even..."

     She doesn't get to finish her sentence, because an akuma flies into my pencil, and an amuck goes into the worst place it could've gone into.

     It went inside of my earrings.