Chapter 4

ADITI

Everyone at the table seem to have no answer to that. "Aditi, he is one of...."Priya was cut off by a boy screaming in the cafe .

He yelled, "Kabir and ... fight..."before he could complete herd of people ran to the common entry and exit to the cafe outside.Every one on the table got up. "We'll need to rush!"Manik exclaimed and Aisha held my hand as we followed the direction of the mob.

At the center of the ground there was a huge crowd as if the whole university was there to witness the fight. We girls and the boys split and the boys made their way into the interior.Between the heads I could see some punching hand but no one's face.

 I wanted to see the faces of the fighters especially the one who punched so hard .Before I could even make an attempt Aisha pulled my hand out of the crowd and started walking to the cafe again.

"But...." I could not complete and Priya said that we don't need to worry Rohan and Manik will handle it.

We three were eating our burger when the cafe was slightly crowed when Rohan and Manik retured and sat on the chair. Manik quickly grabbed his share of burger which we had already ordered for them. "Kabir has gone to change he is coming."Rohan informed us.

I was almost done with my burger so as I gulped the last bite I rose and got up to ask if and one wanted coffee and Aisha was one. The coffee machine was placed outside the main door to the cafe.I walked out and filled two cups of coffee one for Aisha and the other for myself.

It was filled till the brim so I walked carefully inside. Suddenly my right shoulder banged to someone and the hot coffee in my right hand fell on me

It burns like hell! "What! Are you mad?" I shout and look up to see the culprit.

My anger doubles up see the annoying biker. 

" Sure you are."I say while crushing the empty coffee paper cup in my hand now falling to the ground. He brings his eyebrows together but does not say anything and make a move to walk away. 

"Haven't your parents taught you to say sorry!"I regret immediately after the words fall out of my mouth. He turns immediately and corners me against the wall I was standing near.

 Some of the hot coffee in the cup in my left hand falls on my wrist. He is too close to me. But I am not scared of him as he is staring at me with his jaws clenched. His deep grey eyes say that he hates me. "Don't ever talk about my parents." He says in an attempt to threaten me .

The hot coffee against my chest burns and hurts and I could not think of anything to speak at that moment.Our nose is mere inches away and we are staring at each other.I can feel the hot coffee on my left hand touching my fingers.

I need to act and do something because I am not one of those who will get scared of him. Before I could even do or say anything he gets away from me and turns around to walk away. "Hey!"I almost yell and he turns around.

The moment he turns around to face me I say with as much as venom in me I have, "Thats for the coffee on me!" and throw the coffee in my left hand on his chest.He stares at his chest and then quickly at me.

Before he does something else I smirk at him and quickly walk out of the cafe.Thankfully there is a restroom just outside the cafe and I go there.I am all drenched in coffee so I have to go back home.I decide to head back to the cafe after I grab a cup coffee for Aisha and I do exactly what I planned. As I reach the table everyone is staring me and I give the answer to all there question, "Just an annoying boy. oh! I hate him.I guess after the encounter with that irritating person....I need to go almost grind my teeth while saying this. They all are staring at each other then back to me.

"Do you want a ride" Rohan offers me.

"No thanks, I'llmanage."I reply.

I turn around and move to the main gate. I protect myself from the sun by wrapping my stole in such a way as a burkha what Muslims wear which shows only my eyes and perfectly hides the coffee stain on my top.

While walking I realise that it would be better if I had taken the ride from Rohan.I plan on taking a short cut. I have not yet walked very far from the university.I ask about the shortcut to my place from a passer.I decide to follow his directions and start walking towards a small aloof road. I am scared but have to get home as quickly as possible.

As I walk past I regret my decision. There are three men in the way leaning against the wall of the adjacent building and smoking. Now I even fear to turn around and change my path. I hold the strap of my bag tight when I hear the roaring of a bike behind me. My mouth dries up.Is someone coming for me?

Suddenly the bike stops beside me and I am brought to a sudden stop. I turn to see the biker and breadthes out in relief.Its him the annoying person.Though I hate him but I still fell good that someone is there who I know.

Is he even safe to be around.He is wearing his helmet. "Hey preety lady I can drop you ." He says looking at me top to bottom.I think due to my cover he does not recognize me.For him at present I am some random girl he is trying to help or whatever he will never get to know that its me , ' The girl who threw coffee on him' so I can take his help or else I too have an ego never in my dreams I had taken his help.I turn around to see if the three men are still there.Yes they are and are staring at us. "Come on you know I am not that bad looking."He says and I can sense that he bite his tounge." Now come on fast!"

Crazy man,does he even realize that he is still wearing his helmet.I can't stop but laugh.I can see his eyes meet mine then he looks somewhere else.I see through his helmet glass his cheeks go up a little as if he is smiling.I stop and there is an awkward silence. He starts the engine and looks towards his way.I have to reluctantly walk and sit behind him.That crazy man's crazy vehicle did not have something I can hold on at the back.

Does he purposlly remove any support from behind so that girls hold him? I am not going to.I hear some noises from behind and turn around. My eyes pop out, we are being headed by at least five to six men. "We will go fast so hold me tight." He instructs me. As if I'll follow his instructions. 

"I'll be fine now can we hurry!"I say and turn around the men are quite close to us.They are not running but walking very fast. The annoying biker does not start the vehicle instead makes noise with his accelerator. I know he is right but I just don't want to listen to him. 

"Don't you get it at once!" he screamed at me. I turned around in annoyance. One of the men takes out a gun from his pant pocket.

"SHIT!"

I exclaim and hold the biker as hard as possible. No sooner did I do that action than he rushed the vehicle. I closed my eyes and pressed my head against his back. I hear a shot of a gun.

NO...NO..I don't want to think about it!

"Its okay now." I hear a voice.

When I open my eyes I see that the super-fast vehicle has stopped. I sit straight and look around we are parked at the side of a main road.

 "You can leave me now" the biker says and I notice that I had still been holding to the biker.I quickly remove my hands from his shoulder." Where?"He asks me.

Should I even tell him. How does it matter,I have no strength to walk to home myself after so  much has happened.

"C/34 Vile Parle "I tell him.