Chapter 37

KABIR

Three years ago, because of a girl a new Kabir Singhania was born. I read somewhere, ' Bad things teach you better than the good.' Today i am the proud owner of Singhania Group and a very successful businessman. Ma had been serious after she got a heart attack last year.

Dad has been there to always support me. I have been so busy theses years that I miss out on my friends. I hardly catch up with them now. MY uncle,aunt and cousin have moved to abroad and it's just me and dad. At times I feel my dad enjoys life better than me. He insists me on joining him for golf or swimming but I always refuse because I can't afford a blank mind at any cost. Work distracts me and that's what I want.

Rushing to my walk in closet I search for my blue blazer. I am running late for the staff meeting so I have to hurry. Today I plan on wearing my old blazer which fits me well. Buttoning up with my left hand I search for my blazer in one of the closed cupboard shelves. Unconsciously when I look at the button on my shirt I feel a different cloth on my right hand. Gazing up I see its not my blazer but a purple dupatta. Suddenly my nerves feel calm and I completely forget about the rush. I just pick up the dupatta and bring it close to my face. Lavender! It still somewhat smells the same like her. As her face flashes in my mind my face turns sour and shoving the article again inside I pick up my blazer and head out of my room.

The day I get answers to all my questions I will return her back her things. Sitting at the dinning table I quickly start applying butter on my toast when dad speaks up, "Why do you always keep yourself busy on purpose?" To keep her out of my head.

"I like working." I lie.

"Well what about the deal with Coxkins?" Dad asks as he turns the page on the newspaper before him.

"Yes I have told the General Manager to look into the deal." I say while I chew.

"Kabir I want you to look into this deal personally as well as professionally."

"What do you mean?" I frown a little

"I want you to be the face of our industry and not the manager. I think it will be beneficial on the long run to build up friendly relations with a foreign company. I guess they even want to expand their business here in India so it's a good chance for us to step in the cosmetic business. What do you say?"

"Dad you do have a point. I will be there at your command! Captain." I stand up and give a short salute to my father with a smile.

"Running late. See you." I pick up my car keys and a file beside me when dad calls my name again, " I like your smile. You should smile more often." I smile again and rush towards the door.

Manik calls me on the way and I just decline it. After the meeting when I check my phone I see over fifty messages from my friends all screaming at me about my decision to marry.

Its only Priya and Rohan who are engaged in our group but they did not expect me to have a fiancé. "What about Aditi?" Aisha's message flashes on the screen and it pisses me off.

Dad insisted me to accept Janhvi as my fiancé who belonged to a rich family and not that I was waiting for someone.Was I?

For these years I have been searching for Aditi's whereabouts but it was of no use. Somehow she evaporated away. Any sought of her contact disappeared. How much ever I try her face pops up in my mind somehow. 

Although I have a fiancé now both of us hardly feel inclined towards each other. I still can't decide whether it's the right decision or not. When I met Janhvi I somehow did not get the zing I had with Aditi. Even after three years I still can't believe that Aditi could be a girl after money. At times I just look at the stars and wish I meet her someday. Wish I can see her running into my arms and telling me herself that she didn't mean to leave me and that she wants to stay with me forever.

I really wish to feel the same excitement and endorphin release I experienced with her but at the same time my hate for her increases. I am still confused about my feeling for her. The more I think the more I feel I hate her.Shoving the thought I sleep well because even on a Sunday tomorrow I have to go to the airport to receive the two representatives from Coxkins. I have no idea what does dad plans however, I have to go.

In my black t-shirt I wait in the car and sent the driver with a board of 'Coxkins' at the arrival gate. Going through my emails the driver approaches me at the car window. "Sir I need to go to the restroom please its urgent."

"It's okay I will receive them but come back fast." I say with a short smile as he runs helplessly.

Standing with the plank card admist the crowd I see foreigners coming out of the arrival gate. So the plans has landed.

"Aditi hurry up!" I hear a voice. Aditi? I look up but don't see the face I was looking for. Must have misheard. Soon a girl in checked shirt and jeans approaches me first glances at the plank card then at me. 

"Coxkins. That's us." Right at that moment the Driver returns back and I gesture him to hold on to the luggage trolley.

"Us....." I was curious who the other person is because I could see her come out alone. 

******

Enjoy reading :)