Chapter 20

KABIR

Frantically I look around for the girl in golden dress. I quickly walk to the bar side. There is no trace of her. Where are you Aditi? I raked my fingers through my hair. Turning around my eyes desperately search for her. I see people dancing, people walking with drinks in hand, hugging, kissing and what not but just can't spot Aditi.

Suddenly my eyes land on a girl. It's the same kind of golden dress and open hair. It's Aditi!I let out a breath but immediately frown. She isn't alone. A boy in blue blazer is holding her by the waist. 

How dare he? Aditi is hugging him! How dare she? I stand stupefied. What's wrong with her? Does she even know him? I know she isn't the kind of girl to cling  onto unknown guys.

I blink twice and notice the boy's hand coming down to her ass. I clench my jaws and tightening my fists walk to them. Pushing people on my way I immediately punch the blue blazer on his face. With a sudden jolt he falls back on the floor. His nose bleeds and people around stop dancing and look at the bastard lying on the floor. Without even glancing at Aditi I grab her wrist and pull her along. People get a side to make way for us. I hear some gasps but ignore. I breathe heavily due to the rage in me.

We exit through the rare door directly to the parking lot. I walk up to the spot I had parked my car. I do not look at Aditi but I sense it that she has been trying hard to get rid of my grip but I stand much stronger than her. When we reach my car I let her hand go and slap the roof of the car. Shutting my eyes the scene of the boy holding Aditi so close to him returns back to my mind. I wonder what could have happened if I wasn't there. He could have done anything to her. 

Is this girl mad? What was she thinking?

I turn around to face her and to scream at her for her stupidity. The moment I saw her the frown on my face disappeared and I was unable to think of rude words to her. She stood there seeing her wrist and then looked at me. A frown formed on her face and she pouted. Instead of scolding at her I laughed.I couldn't control my laughter. She looked extremely funny with the angry face like a cartoon.

She took a step closer to me and for an instant I thought she would slap me but she didn't. Instead she wrapped her hands around my chest and hugged me. My eyes widen I was just trying to comprehend what was happening when she spoke up, "You don't dance that bad,Kabir!" Saying my name she looked straight in my eyes. She thought that she was dancing with me all the while. Why?

"Why did you hit him? He was so nice boy he kept on filling the glass for me ,you know!"

She is so drunk.The boy had it all planed. Get the girl drink and then get her to his bed. I am so happy I reached on time. 

 "Why you hit him?" She asked again getting away from me. Shit! Now I realized that it felt so good with her in my arms. What is wrong with me? 

"Let's go home." I say and open the passenger door for her. She smiled and got in. What with the smile? It's so mesmerizing.

With a smile I get in the driving seat and the moment I pressed the accelerator Aditi spoke up again, " Your place or mine?" Immediately I press the break and with a jerk we both fall front. I look at her with amusement and she gives me a sheepish smile. I still stare at her childishness and she raises her brows twice. I like the drunken Aditi! Nodding side to side I drive the car ahead.

"STOP!" Aditi screams which makes me stop the car with a jolt. I look at her in horror and before I could say anything she whispers, "Look at them they look sooooo...... cute!" Absorbing her dramatic expressions I look at where she is pointing. 

We are on the verge of getting out of the parking lot and I see the same girl, Bella I think her name was and the boy who she had slapped hugging. I sigh but have a short smile and drive out of the parking lot.

I glance at Aditi who pouts and looks outside. She must sleep to get back to her senses. Looking back to the road I feel cool air hiting my cheek. Aditi lowers the window.

"Close it." I try to say it rudely but don't know if I managed to pull up the required sternness in my voice.

"Nah..." Aditi snaps at me and I am left with no words. Why am I being so easy to go with! Why can't I control her! The air blows her hair behind her shoulder and she smiles resting her chin on her crossed hands placed on the window edge. Wish I could watch her like that for long but, I speed up and stop at her house.

"Now get down,go and sleep." I say looking at her who is sitting with her eyes shut.

"Aditi..." I shake her to check if she passed out.

"Chill.... I am awake!" She says with a beam with her eyes still shut. I get out of my car and walk up to hers and open the door for her. "Get out."

A frown forms on her face with eyes still shut. "Where are your manners Kabir?" She speaks up. I sigh and say politely, "Aditi, please get down of my car."

"That's so sweet Kabir." She opens her eyes and smiles at me.I smile back and she continues, "But I won't."

"What do you mean? Why?" I speak instantly. Getting out of the car she stumbles a little and I quickly hold her by the waist.

 "How do you always save me?" She stares right into my eyes. I look at her face. It's so beautiful.

"I always like you in clean shaved." Aditi touches my chin and the gentle touch of her hand make electric current pass my whole body. Instantly I stand straight and leave her. What was the hesitation? 

Suddenly I feel Aditi's hands turning my face to her and she speaks, "You did shave for me, right?" I don't speak a word but that was true.

"See! So you dress up for Me!" She says with a grin.

"No. I never said that!" I immediately disagree with her words. "It's okay Kabir. I will like you even when you don't make an effort." Was she right? Yeah I saw myself for hundreds of time in the mirror after dressing up but...... Wait did she say she liked me?

"Now get in the car!" Aditi's voice brings me back to my senses. "Your house?"

"Aunt Rose isn't in town and no keys....." Aditi cut me off and slams the door of the car.

Runningup to the driver's seat I get in. Where to put her up for the night? I hold thesteering and think of calling Aisha. " Start up the plane pilot!" Aditi throwsher hands up in the air and yells. "Car. It's a car Aditi." I correct her witha smile playing on my lips. "Oh! Start up the car Mr. Pilot!" She yells again. I wonder how her excitementhasn't decreased even a bit for her even after being corrected.

*********

Do VOTE and let me know its going good!

Enjoy reading :)