Chapter 16

KABIR

"I am going to have something!The girls take so much time....." Manik starts off but Aisha and Priya walk down the stairs. "Finally!! Congratulations man !" Manik Announces and in return gets a smack from Aisha on his head. " Woman! That's my hair!" Manik frowns.

"Where is Aditi?" Manik asks the question that was troubling me too. All my ears to Aisha I heard her say " She is coming." When? Is my question lady!

"Want something to eat?" Manik offers Aisha and she nods. They look at me and I nod to the negative. Both of them walk in the kitchen. I was really looking forward to see how Aditi would look like.I had overheard Priya telling Rohan that they had got their dresses from Diana's shop and I knew that Diana knew exactly how to bring out the beautiful girl out of the simple girl with ponytail. Looking at my watch I stood by a rack. I glance at Rohan and Priya who are complementing each other and I notice that Rohan can't get his eyes off her.

For the thousandth time I looked at the top of the stair case and found no one there. Well I don't know why but I want to see her first. So stupid! I look back to my watch seeing the second's hand moving slower than its usual speed! I think so but I know it's just that I am getting impatient.

"Aditi!" Aisha exclaims. The moment I look up to the staircase I am taken aback. She looks incredible. I am so stunned that I stand straight blankly staring her.She is wearing a black long dress which perfectly shows her perfect curves. She has got dark chocolate hair almost similar to black falling down her shoulders till her chest. Does she still smell like lavender?

Manik and Rohan compliment her. Carefully she walked down the stairs at times making eye contact with me, however I stand dumbfounded. She is so attractive! I want to tell her that but thoughts mere thoughts, no words fall out.

"Let's go!" Aisha exclaims.

Hey! No. How about Hi! Yeah that's a good start Kabir! You look damn beautiful. I mean I can't take my eyes off of you...... NO. I will sound so desperate. You look nice! Yes! That's perfect. I plan out what to say exactly.

Walking out of the house I turn back to finally tell her that she looks 'nice'. She hits my chest.

"Clean shaved, I like it!" She says looking at my face.

"Thank you coffee!" I say instantly with a grin. She is so embarrassed and looks down. Maybe she did not want to let it out. I look at her for an instant and turn around to walk out. Shit! I didn't even say what I planned to. Instead I was so cocky and that, 'coffee!' was so damn cheesy! Face palming myself I walk to the car and get in the Driver's seat.

Aditi gets into the seat behind me. I purposely adjust my rear view mirror to see her. Our eyes meet. Awkward! I must drive safely.I re-adjust the rear view mirror and drive safely to our venue.However I enjoy looking at her.

 Every time I look at her I am left with no reason as to why looking at her brings smile on my face,moreover why I want to see her. Even in the class when she caught me looking her way I got panicky. But playing smart is my way. I started acting as if I was playing with her and irritating her. Yeah she must have thought that I was some crazy man!

After years I acted so funny screaming 'spider' at Mr. Jha. The next moment I think about how she was crying because of me! I broke me apart seeing her in such a condition. I knew irritating her would stop her from shedding anymore tears.

Stopping the car Manik all of a sudden acts like a gentleman. It pisses me off! But why should I care not that I would ever do something like that to her. Well I can! There is no harm in acting so caring! But I am very bad at showing my feelings and most of the times I screw up things. Like there was this time in class 5 when I wanted to purpose a girl but before I could even give her a slight hint that I liked her she declared me her brother! Yeah one childhood bad memory. My friends kept on laughing and I joined hem soon when I told them this.