Chapter 12

KABIR

"Then tell me goddammit!" She screams at me. I stand speechless. I am completely blank. She is trying to scratch my bad past and indirectly I am letting her. Tell her how it feels? No one has ever told me to share my misery with them. I wonder if anyone in the universe even cares. She cares! But why? We barely know each other!

"Needs...love!" Itsactually a one on one talk between me and Aditi under the discussion on plants.

"What makes you think the...the plants could be.....repaired?" I ask unsure if I should or not. She believes something nearly dead like they could be repaired! How? Why does she want to help me? She is so crazy. She believes there could be something to help me out!"Could they forgive them....who has done that to them?" I look straight into her dark brown eyes.

"When someone lets someone in, makes themselves understood, then everything becomes fine.....just fine!"He looks up at me with intense looks.

Aisha drags here thereafter. In the last glimpse I guess I saw Concern her Aditi's eyes!The rest of the people leave soon with me transfixed at the same place. I hear the car driving away and Manik faces me. The instant I see him I hug him and cry my heart out. "It's okay Kabir! All will be fine....don't cry." I hear him speaking. Things get a blur then. Due to the crying my vision gets blur and I have a sever head throbbing and all I have in my mind is the dead past reincarnating in my mind and followed by Aditi's words. Can I truly overcome the pain in my heart and start to live again.

Next my eyes open in my room. Looking at the wall clock I see its 9:30 am. I am in no mood to go college today. Asking for my breakfast in my room I get to freshen up. Splashing cold water on my face my eyes burn. Looking myself in the mirror i plan not to think about any of the incidents of yesterday.

It takes me the next two days too to prepare myself to forget about everything. I must try not to shut my friends out.Manik called me while I was thinking about shutting my friends.

I see his name on the phone screen and immediately pick his call up. " Hi!" I say with joy. " Thank god you are fine! And... in a good mood!"

"Um... yes!...."I reply slowly.Before he could speak further I blurt out, "I want to tell you something!"

He went silent on the other side and after a second or two said "What?"

Gathering courage I let out a breath and spoke up, "I am sorry!"

He went silent on the other side and I continued, "I am sorry for acting like an asshole.Shutting you all out of my life and you all tolerated me.You all stood by my side. I ....I am sorry " Something choked me and got silent. After a few seconds I heard Manik letting out a breath and say, "Kabir we are friends and tend to stand by each other. No matter what happens and I am so happy that our old Kabir is back!" There was a smile on his face; I could make out from his voice.

"Thanks Manik." I said with a short smile. "Always there bro! Let's see you tomorrow"

"Yeah." Ending the call I felt relaxed,as if one of my mistakes were rectified and I felt light within.