Chapter One

Chapter Song: Whatsername

~Track 5 on 'Green Day Songs 4 You :)' (made by Alex)

Webster

Webster was nervous. Even more nervous than usual. Her palms were already sweating and they kept slipping off the wheels of her wheelchair, making it nearly impossible to move, which meant that she couldn't make a quick get-away out of her first job.

The manager had called an employee to push her around, which made Webster feel stupid, small and disabled.

Well she was disabled.

But she was sick of people treating her like she was five.

Paralysed from the waist down all because of a car accident, oh how she hated it. But it didn't stop her from living her life just like every other twenty-five year old girl.

Well, to be perfectly honest, Webster knew deep down that her paralysed legs were stopping her from living her life.

Firstly, she was still living with her mam for crying out loud. Heck, she couldn't even make it down the stairs without her help.

Secondly, she couldn't talk. Well...okay, she could talk, but she had a an awful stutter which meant that it took her ten seconds to say a simple 'okay'. So most of the time she just kept her mouth shut.

And lastly, her paralysed legs had stopped her getting a job.

Every job except this one.

An employee in an old record and CD shop.

Not that she wanted to work in a smelly shop that was run by a complete stoner, but what choice did she have?

She held her breath as a guy, apparently named 'Spike' flipped the 'Sorry we're closed' sign to 'Hi! We're open!' side. She felt like getting sick. She was going to get sick. She could feel the beads of sweat starting to drip down her forehead.

"Whoa, are you okay?"

Webster jumped. It was the girl the manager had sent to help her out.

Webster nodded, terrified. She was bad at talking to new people.

She was bad at talking in general, full stop.

"Look, you'll be grand. Just...just relax alright? You look like you've just been told the zombie apocalypse is happening or something." she said with a small smile.

The girl's appearance was cool, with a fringe and short hair, but her hair was bright pink. She wore lots of smudgy eyeliner and she had a nose ring. Webster wondered if she ever had problems with her nose ring when she had a cold. That was the only thing that was stopping Webster from getting one anyway.

"So....how'd you end up in this, eh?" the girl asked as she patted the wheelchair.

Webster just shrugged. She was afraid she'd scare the girl away with her stutter.

"What, you don't talk or something?"

Webster nodded and the girl sighed.

"Well, I'm Brianna anyway, and from reading your name tag, you must be Webster?" Brianna asked.

Webster nodded again.

Then Brianna smiled at her.

"Webster. Cool. That's a cool name."

Then the bell of the shop's door tingled and a group of teenagers tumbled into the shop.

"Welcome to the world of sorting and stacking CD's." Brianna grumbled as she folded her arms.