Chapter Twenty Six

Chapter Song: Photograph by Ed Sheeran

~Track 9 on 'Songs That Remind Me Of You' (made by Webster)

Webster

"So, Alex, how did you land yourself in Ireland anyway? And don't say by a plane."

"I...uhm...I got a job at Starbucks. Saved up all of my tips for a ticket to here."

"Hmm...coffee guy, huh? I'm sure a lot of young and good looking waitresses work with you then--"

"Gran!"

Webster sent Alex an apologetic look.

They were sitting around the table eating breakfast, a fry up, which Alex had been delighted about. Unfortunately, Gran was grilling Alex with questions like a chef grills a burger on the barbecue.

"What are your intentions?" asked Gran as she sent Alex a weary look.

"I...uh...wait...my intentions?" Alex stammered.

"Yes! You aren't here just to pop in and have a cup of rosy lee, are you? You're here to see my Webster!"

"Gran I think I'm going to take Alex to St.Anne's park." Webster said quickly, saving Alex from Gran's beady eyes.

Alex sent her a grateful look.

"St. Anne's? Do you need a lift?" asked Daideo as he peeped over the edge of his newspaper.

She shook her head.

"Nah, we'll just walk." she said as she stood up and started to fix her leg braces.

In seconds Alex was by her side, helping her out. They started to make their way into the hall.

"Webster Walker! You better bring your coat Missy or else you'll catch your death cold!"

She rolled her eyes as Alex stiffled a laugh.

"She's doing this on purpose. It's just because you're here." Webster mumbled, her cheeks feeling hot.

"Do you want me to get your coat? Alex offered, and she smiled with relief.

"Yeah that you be great. It's just under the stairs over there."

Thank God she didn't have to walk all the way over to the coat press

Would have taken her five hundred years....

"Alright." he said, a smirk on his face.

"What are you smirking at Gaskarth?" she asked.

He laughed and shook his head, still grinning like a fool.

"It's just...it's just crazy hearing your voice."

She rolled her eyes.

"Why? Do you miss my sexy computer voice?" she asked, unamused.

He laughed.

"I'll admit, I do miss it a lot."

He took a step closer to her.

"But I prefer your real voice much better." he said softly, his face inches away from hers.

"That's nice to know." she whispered, her eyes locking with his.

"I missed you Webster." he said as he brushed her hair from her face and tucked it behind her ear.

She sighed.

"Guess the feeling goes both ways then, huh?"

He laughed again.

"Guess it does."