Chapter Two

Chapter Song: Dysentery Gary By Blink-182

~Track 7 on 'Cool Pop punk Songs I Think You'd Like' (Made by Alex)

Webster

The week flew by for Webster, which was weird because usually it always dragged, mostly due to the fact that she used to spend her time doing nothing.

But this week had been different, especially with Alex popping in and out of the store. He'd intoduced her into a whole new world of music. She'd even made her mam go out and buy her a Nirvana t-shirt because she was so hooked.

But it was Saturday, and the store didn't open on weekends (sadly) so that meant that she still had to go to her speech doctor.

She sighed as she wheeled towards Doctor Benson's office. It was a nice place, with pastel yellow walls and big rectangular windows. The slated roof was kind of nice too.

She wheeled into the office buliding and rang the doorbell.

It was going to be a long hour and a half.

Alex

Saturdays were the worst. The record shop was closed, which meant that he couldn't see Webster, which was shitty because he had made a CD for her with all his favourite songs burned on to it.

He had called Jack to see if he wanted to hang out, but it turned out he was off with some friends, and Alex didn't want to get a pity invite. He didn't even bother calling Lorraine either because he already knew the answer.

So here he was, walking down the street like a sore loser, thinking about a girl in a wheelchair and how his friends had a much better life than his.

Honestly, what was wrong with him though? He was Alex Gaskarth for God's sake! The king of partying and drinking. It was final. He was definitely heading over to Jack's place and seeing if he could get that pity invite.

But just as he was about to turn around, a girl in a wheelchair wheeled out of a building, straight in front of him.

Webster

She nearly ran him over with her wheelchair. He had to jump to the left to avoid getting squashed, but the minute he saw her, his face lit up.

"Webster!" he said as he stared at her, his eyes shining.

Webster blushed. She hadn't even dressed up nice today. Come to think of it, she never dressed up at all, and Alex always caught her in her old tracksuits and oversized t-shirts.

"HI ALEX." said her computer.

He winked at her.

"God I love the sound of your computer voice." he teased and she rolled her eyes at him.

"DON'T EVEN START ALEXANDER."

He laughed and shook his head, his hair still managing to flop back into it's perfect state.

"So what are you doing out here anyway?" he asled curiously.

"SPEECH DOCTOR." she typed, nodding towards the yellow building.

"Speech doctor?"

Webster felt herself cringe. He noticed her uncomfortableness though, and quickly said "Hey! It's alright. Nothing to be ashamed of." But this only made Webster feel more ashamed and embarrassed.

She looked down at her watch.

1:46! She was usually home by now! Her mam was going to flip.

"I'M SORRY ALEX, BUT I HAVE TO GO HOME NOW. MY MAM....SHE GETS NERVOUS WHEN I DON'T COME HOME ON TIME. YOU KNOW, BECAUSE OF MY CONDITION." she typed, the embarrassment nearly too much to handle.